ISO TNT Lemon Squares Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
The family is preparing for my grandson's first birthday party. The call has gone out from my son in law for lemon squares.

What I'm looking for is the type of lemon squares that have a 'pie crust' top and bottom.

I'd appreciate your assistance in finding a TNT recipe.

Thanks,

Andy

Andy, I would have answered because I adore lemon squares! But I have only ever made them from the box mix, sadly. Hopefully some wonderful baker will post and we can both have the recipe!

I've never made lemon squares, but I have a few recipes bookmarked as things I'd like to try. This one looks interesting:

Lemon Squares Recipe | Recipezaar

They don't have a pie crust top, but then again I don't think I've ever seen a recipe for lemon squares that does. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough? Anyway, good luck on your quest for the right recipe!

Andy, I have one that uses a shortbread crust on the bottom would you like that one? I am sure you could just substitute a pastry bottom for it if you like. Here it is.

Last edited:
I edited my post Andy. Do you want me to post my pastry recipe too? I think I would cheat and just buy a pie shell, blind bake it for a bit and then maybe sprinkle icing sugar on the top.

Alix, I made the lemon bars last night and SO had to stop me so there would be some left over for SIL!. He got some this morning when he dropped off our grandchild and he's been raving about them as well.

These are really good!

Thanks,

Andy, I'm glad you liked them! I tend to go a little overboard with them too. Did you try pastry or the shortbread crust?

Andy, I'm glad you liked them! I tend to go a little overboard with them too. Did you try pastry or the shortbread crust?

I did the shortbread crust in your recipe.

I increased the filling ingredients by 25% so I could have more filling. (5 eggs, 2.5 cups flour, etc.) I thought of doing that after squeezing the lemons and finding that I hade 25% more juice than the recipe called for. Waste not, want not...

LOL! Yep, I do that too now that you mention it. More filling is always a good thing. I usually add a whack of lemon zest too. I like it really zippy though.

I zested and squeezed three lemons. That gave me the extra juice i mentioned and about a tablespoon of zest. I just tossed it all in. No one is complaining, their mouths are too full of lemon squares.

Back
Top Bottom