"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Brownies & Dessert Bars

Old 03-14-2012, 08:04 AM   #91
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Yes, hit the shelves yesterday. It sells for $30, got it on sale for $20...check around for prices. Not sure if you have a Hastings Books nearby. Just checked, Amazon has it for $17.35 Amazon.com: The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier (9780061997181): Ree Drummond: Books

They removed all of our bookstores from around this area, the closest one is now about an hour away. The last one I bought at Walmart but plans just changed, the little one has a slight fever so I don't think taking him to Walmart is on my list of things to do.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #92
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
They removed all of our bookstores from around this area, the closest one is now about an hour away. The last one I bought at Walmart but plans just changed, the little one has a slight fever so I don't think taking him to Walmart is on my list of things to do.
Poor Baby! Poor Mommy! Hope he feels better!

Old 03-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #93
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Poor Baby! Poor Mommy! Hope he feels better!
Thanks much!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #94
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
lol, greg. "you have to wonder about cheese that isn't refrigerated"?

isn't lack of refrigeration why cheese was invented?
Why are something like 99% of all the cheeses at the supermarket kept in refrigerated sections?

Completely off-the-wall question: Do they sell a grated Cheddar cheese product similar to grated Parmesan cheese? If so I want this for a recipe totally unrelated to the current discussion.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #95
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourmet Greg View Post
Why are something like 99% of all the cheeses at the supermarket kept in refrigerated sections?

Completely off-the-wall question: Do they sell a grated Cheddar cheese product similar to grated Parmesan cheese? If so I want this for a recipe totally unrelated to the current discussion.

Yes, the grated cheese in the Kraft Mac and Cheese. And it use to be available in a can of sorts located next to the Kraft Parm in a can. Full of preservatives. Cheese is kept in the fridge area to prevent mold from forming. It is a dairy poduct after all.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #96
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier

Another lovely cookbook, interspersed with pictures and stories. The recipes are tasty sounding and the pictures are great. Good use of Cowboy and Cowgirl Icons to show you what recipes are full on fat and calories to the lighter fare.

Ree has gotten better with pictures, everything from coffee to desserts and a few canning recipes tossed in at the end. The only thing she didn't cover were dog and cat treats. Wide ranging foods from many different styles. Can't wait to get into some of the recipes and tailor them to old toothless folks.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #97
Executive Chef

That's my big impediment against getting into blogging recipes, my lack of photo skills, and my lack of photogenic setting for the photographs. I recently shut down my blog, because my photo skills were not competitive, and because my reduced kitchen could not support complex recipes.

I can't wait to get my hands on PW's new book.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #98
Sous Chef

I got it at Walmart on Friday.

Tags
None