Knock You Naked Brownies (from The Pioneer Woman)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess that now it is in a plastic container, but used to be in a cardboard container. I guess that I just got used to calling it "cheese in a can" maybe because of the shape. Now that I think of it, I am not sure where I picked up that name...

OIC! The old container was cardboard with a metalized label over the cardboard. It resembled a can except for the plastic twist open/close lid.

Most people don't realize it, but that stuff costs around $7 a pound, you can go to a place like Trader Joe's or a warehouse club and get much better Parmesan for that money or even a bit less. Trader Joe's own brand in a wedge or grated in a cup is cheaper per pound and so much better (not high end parm, but serviceable), I think that it is $5.99 per pound here, and you can actually taste it on your pasta!

TJ's Parmesan here too is $5.99/lb.

I hear that all the time: "green can Parmesan"

Yep, the old green "can" Parmesan. Now green plastic bottle Parmesan, and you gotta wonder about a cheese product that isn't refrigerated. At least TJ's refrigerates their Parmesan.

BTW I finished going through the rest of Pioneer Woman's cookbook last night and I want to try most of her recipes! There's a few here and there that are for dishes I'm not really interested in (and wasn't much impressed with her chili) but I bet there's 80% of her recipes that look good enough to try them.

I'm definitely going to buy her book, and looking forward to seeing her new cookbook that comes out this week.

Picked Up my copy of PW's Food From My Frontier today. Have yet to crack it, I'll have to wait until the weekend or I will be up all night reading recipes.

Picked Up my copy of PW's Food From My Frontier today. Have yet to crack it, I'll have to wait until the weekend or I will be up all night reading recipes.

Please review the book once you've given it the once over! :)

It could easily push me over the $25 free shipping limit and just buy both her books...

lol, greg. "you have to wonder about cheese that isn't refrigerated"?

isn't lack of refrigeration why cheese was invented?

Oo it's out? hrm and I just happen to be off work today and need to go out.... :angel:

Yes, hit the shelves yesterday. It sells for $30, got it on sale for $20...check around for prices. Not sure if you have a Hastings Books nearby. Just checked, Amazon has it for $17.35 Amazon.com: The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier (9780061997181): Ree Drummond: Books

They removed all of our bookstores from around this area, the closest one is now about an hour away. The last one I bought at Walmart but plans just changed, the little one has a slight fever so I don't think taking him to Walmart is on my list of things to do. :wacko:

They removed all of our bookstores from around this area, the closest one is now about an hour away. The last one I bought at Walmart but plans just changed, the little one has a slight fever so I don't think taking him to Walmart is on my list of things to do. :wacko:

Poor Baby! Poor Mommy!:) Hope he feels better!

lol, greg. "you have to wonder about cheese that isn't refrigerated"?

isn't lack of refrigeration why cheese was invented?

Why are something like 99% of all the cheeses at the supermarket kept in refrigerated sections?

Completely off-the-wall question: Do they sell a grated Cheddar cheese product similar to grated Parmesan cheese? If so I want this for a recipe totally unrelated to the current discussion.

Why are something like 99% of all the cheeses at the supermarket kept in refrigerated sections?

Completely off-the-wall question: Do they sell a grated Cheddar cheese product similar to grated Parmesan cheese? If so I want this for a recipe totally unrelated to the current discussion.

Yes, the grated cheese in the Kraft Mac and Cheese. And it use to be available in a can of sorts located next to the Kraft Parm in a can. Full of preservatives. Cheese is kept in the fridge area to prevent mold from forming. It is a dairy poduct after all. :yum:

The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier

Another lovely cookbook, interspersed with pictures and stories. The recipes are tasty sounding and the pictures are great. Good use of Cowboy and Cowgirl Icons to show you what recipes are full on fat and calories to the lighter fare.

Ree has gotten better with pictures, everything from coffee to desserts and a few canning recipes tossed in at the end. The only thing she didn't cover were dog and cat treats. Wide ranging foods from many different styles. Can't wait to get into some of the recipes and tailor them to old toothless folks.

That's my big impediment against getting into blogging recipes, my lack of photo skills, and my lack of photogenic setting for the photographs. I recently shut down my blog, because my photo skills were not competitive, and because my reduced kitchen could not support complex recipes.

I can't wait to get my hands on PW's new book.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom