Knock You Naked Brownies (from The Pioneer Woman)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Merlot, I don't know why I didn't think of it before because I know she has a cookbook, but upon reading your post I decided to get my hands on a copy too. I always get my cookbooks at the public library first, and read them maybe test some of the recipes. If the cookbook has just a few recipes I like I'll scan them but if they are chock full of good recipes then I buy my own copy, usually at Amazon. And I can continue to use the library copy while I wait my free shipping week for Amazon to get it to me. My library has 5 copies and I'm 5th in line so I hope to have my hands on it in a few weeks.

It's interesting to note the subtitle of her book: "Recipes from an accidental country girl." That right there makes it obvious that she has no pretensions of being a real pioneer woman. Even with her nom de plume she is poking fun at herself. I'm sure that "pioneer" is tongue in cheek.

Merlot, I don't know why I didn't think of it before because I know she has a cookbook, but upon reading your post I decided to get my hands on a copy too. I always get my cookbooks at the public library first, and read them maybe test some of the recipes. If the cookbook has just a few recipes I like I'll scan them but if they are chock full of good recipes then I buy my own copy, usually at Amazon. And I can continue to use the library copy while I wait my free shipping week for Amazon to get it to me. My library has 5 copies and I'm 5th in line so I hope to have my hands on it in a few weeks.

It's interesting to note the subtitle of her book: "Recipes from an accidental country girl." That right there makes it obvious that she has no pretensions of being a real pioneer woman. Even with her nom de plume she is poking fun at herself. I'm sure that "pioneer" is tongue in cheek.

I hope you enjoy it, I know I did, I like her humor but then again I will read anything stuck in front of me. I was the kid who stayed up late at night to read a book not watch tv. :) I am also the annoying person who says "oh well I read the other day "insert information for anything." :ermm:

I was the kid who stayed up late at night to read a book not watch tv.

I remember as a kid staying up later than my parents wanted me to, reading Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer novels under the bed covers, with a flashlight! Biggest laugh of all, I got the paperbacks from my grandma! :)

are there any cookbooks from hockey players?

i used to stay up at night when i was a kid, hiding a small a.m. transistor radio and earpiece under my blankets so i could listen to hockey games.

boy how things have changed. i saw my son setting up multiple records on the dvr the other day for shows that run past his bedtime. he whipped through the menus like he wrote the software.

Last edited:
are there any cookbooks from hockey players?

i used to stay up at night when i was a kid, hiding a small a.m. transistor radio and earpiece under my blankets so i could listen to hockey games.

boy how things have changed. i saw my son setting up multiple records on the dvr the other day for shows that run past his bedtime. he whipped through the menus like he wrote the software.

Reminds me of my nephew, sitting on Grandpa's lap and making his own programs for screensavers. By the time he was 10, he got so good at it, Dad had to ask him how he did it. Dad was at the forefront of home computers.

As kids, if we were in bed and reading we were allowed to read as long as we wanted. Mom still got us up at the same time in the morning for school. We learned the right time to turn the lights off.:angel:

This past fall, my great nephew, who is 4 was sitting in his car seat with his own laptop. They were parked in mom's driveway and he says to me, I found Meme's wifi, do you know the password? That kinda blew my mind that a 4 year old not only had his own laptop, but knew how to search for and connect to wifi!:ohmy:

Iced Coffee

This may take the thread even further off-topic, but I'm fascinated by Pioneer Woman's method of making Iced Coffee. She gives full credit, BTW, to Imbibe Magazine (complete with link), where she first learned of the method.

I make iced coffee the easy way. When my coffee gets cold, I pour it into a tumbler and place in the fridge and make a fresh cup. When the tumbler is full in the afternoon, I drink it cold, already "seasoned" the way I like it!

I prefer desserts which are not too sweet as asians (Especially Malaysians, where i'm from) have high number of diabetics. The amount of sugar that we use here it's unbelievable. I have been having trouble doing it myself as I love to experiment, I can do other dishes without referring to recipes, but not baking or making pastries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Baking is chemistry and pastry is very technique heavy. Neither one are good to experiment with when you are just learning, it is crucial to follow a recipe and measure accurately.

bakechef said:
Baking is chemistry and pastry is very technique heavy. Neither one are good to experiment with when you are just learning, it is crucial to follow a recipe and measure accurately.

Bakechef, what an excellent way to describe baking! I wasn't so good in Chem class, maybe that's why I rarely bake!

How do you steal a recipe? And if you do steal it, does that mean the person you stole it from can no longer cook it? These are questions that inquiring people want the answers to! ;)

I once took a box on Duncan Hines Chocolate Lovers Brownie Mix. Mixed according to directions, then unwrapped many, many mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Lined them up on top of the mix in the pan so that the whole top was covered with them, then pushed them down into the batter. Came out fantastic. A great hit. Everybody got a cup or more of the Reese's along with the brownie. So who should I give credit to? Duncan Hines or Reese's? :huh:

Back
Top Bottom