Lemon Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The recipe I've used for years is exactly like this one Alix......for me, it's perfection.
I've always said I'm a lousy baker, but even I can't mess up this recipe.

I eat very few sweets, but this is my all time favorite. I use a lemon from my Myer lemon tree........a worthy use for the perfect lemon. ;)

My girlfriend loves the lemon bars that she gets in the box, so I can't wait to make her some of these!

Made the lemon Bars with the Meyer Lemons from Kayelle. They were fantastic and lasted about 15 minutes at work. They were the first thing gone at our Relay for Life (Breast cancer) Bake Sale!

These are happening tomorrow in our house. Andy mentioned them yesterday and now I'm craving them. Its too hot to bake right now though so it will have to wait til tomorrow.

Icing Sugar = Powdered Sugar = Confectioners Sugar. The same product with different names according to where you live.

Thanks! That saved me from asking the same thing after looking at a recipe earlier today.
You done good. ;)

And now I have the thread to Alix's often made lemon bars :chef:

Its cooling off nicely here. I'm all by my lonesome so I think I might bake soon. Ahhhhh!

I think these might be nice with a different citrus. Anyone try them with either orange or lime?

If I tried to zest kumquats, I wouldn't have any knuckles left!

Just juicing them is fraught with danger. Took me all afternoon once to juice and cut up peel from kumquats to make marmalade. But, it sure tasted good!

Oh, Lemon Bars...reminds me of a Great Dane I fostered..........Ensalada. At the time, I was taking two Saint Bernards to an all-Saints agility class (which, was a very fun 2 hours every Saturday afternoon). It was my turn to bring "treats" for the people. Because one of the people was allergic to chocolate, we had to make non-chocolate treats. I decided to make lemon bars using my grandma's recipe. I took the base out of the oven, turned 1/4 turn to get the filling, Jenny (also known as Ensalada because she had the brain of lettuce...or maybe not) had grabbed the pan off the top of the stove and was snarffing the base....okay, I made the base again. Smarter, I thought, I put the base on the top of the fridge to cool a bit while I got ready to put the filling on. Oh yes, Jenny grabbed too! I made a third base, and as I was taking that out of the oven, she grabbed the pan out of my hand. Why I didn't put her outside or in her crate, escapes me. I did, however, call one of the other participants and asked if he could make poppyseed muffins...we still had treats that day, but no lemon bars. I still hesitate to make lemon bars to this day (Jenny has been at Rainbow Bridge for several years...with one of our agility folks...I hope he hasn't tried making lemon bars with her nearby!). The thought of making lemon bars/lime bars always makes me laugh to this day. Thanks for bringing up this thread.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom