Lemon Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
2 cups flour
1 cup cold butter
1/2 cup icing sugar

Buzz in food processor till consistency of coarse cornmeal. Press into a 9x13 pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes in a 350 oven.

4 beaten eggs
2 cups sugar
8 tbsps lemon juice (120 ml)
1+ tsp lemon zest
1 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp flour (60 ml)

Mix eggs, sugar, add lemon juice, zest and baking powder, stir gently. Add flour and mix thoroughly. Pour mixture on cooked base and return to oven for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with icing sugar when cooled.

Last edited:
I'll have to make those just for myself, since no one here care for lemon. Sounds very good and easy - thanks for the recipe Alix !!

my wife made a recipie very similar to this on sunday, they were amzaing. we also had a couple rasberries and whipped cream with it.

I made these last night, but used a recipe I had that was about 3/4 of the quantities that Alix used, so they turned out kinda thin. Next time, I'll try her amounts for thicker bars.

But they taste GREAT!

Lee

lemon pudding cake

love lemon bars and most things lemon. made the warm lemon pudding cake for guests last night.

it was so yummy. timed so was still warm when served. my guests took a lot home. i am diabetic and isn't good to have sweets in house.

babe

Rather than pull my usual substitution routines, I looked for a recipe that used oil instead of butter. I used this: Recipes - Luscious Lemon Bars
but didn't bother with the drizzle. I don't see how how a tablespoon of milk is supposed to turn 3/4 of a cup of sugar into something drizzleable though... The result of my efforts is rather nice and especially lemony :)

I made these last night, but used a recipe I had that was about 3/4 of the quantities that Alix used, so they turned out kinda thin. Next time, I'll try her amounts for thicker bars.

But they taste GREAT!

Lee

Oh man.... I love those things.

Back
Top Bottom