Lemon Cream cheese Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luv2bake

Assistant Cook
Take the lemon bars to another level with cream cheese! Here's the recipe;

Crust:
3/4 cup shortening
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1-1/4 cups flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam

Filling:
4 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup flour
4 eggs
1/3 cup lemon juice
4 tsp. grated lemon peel

Make Crust:
In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Combine the flour, oats, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Press dough into greased 9"x13" baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with jam.

Make Filling:
Beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until fluffy. Add the eggs, lemon juice and peel just until blended. Carefully spoon over jam. Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on wire rack. Cover and store in the refrigerator.

just found these. they sound great!
not a rasberry fan tho, I'd probably try cherry. :)

Yum! I would probably stick with the raspberry as I do like it. Not sure how well the cherry would mix with the lemon flavor in the filling?

Yeah. I'm sleepin alone tonight.
Thinking about cherry-lemon cheese bars!!!!

ooo no i better look for those tomorrow when I shop after work!!!
are they in the candy aisle or baking?

Copied and saved for Mother's Day, luvs! My mother adores raspberry and lemon flavors!

Thanks!

Lee

Made the lemon bars this weekend. Instead of Raspberry jelly, I pured (sp) two bags of frozen Raspberries and straned the seeds out. Put in 1/4 cup of sugar, took 2 Tbsp of cornstarch and heated to gel. Spread that then the filling. I used fresh lemon so all fruit was fresh. Rave reviews and an empty plate to coe home. Thank you for the recipie. - AC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom