Marbled Brownies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chocoholic

Senior Cook
Marbled Brownies

Ingredients:
8 ounces semisweet chocolate
1/3 cup butter
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the plain mixture
4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup cream cheese
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13 by 9 inch baking pan with wax paper and grease.
Melt the chocolate and butter over very low heat, stirring. Set aside to cool. Meanwhile, beat the eggs until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the sugar. Sift over the flour, salt and baking powder and fold to combine.
Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture. Add the vanilla. Measure and set aside 2 cups of the chocolate mixture.
For the plain mixture, cream the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. Add the sugar and continue beating until blended. Beat in the eggs, flour and vanilla.
Spread the unmeasured chocolate mixture in the pan. Pour over the plain mixture. Drop spoonfuls of the reserved chocolate mixture on top.
With a metal spatula, swirl the mixtures to marble. Do not blend completely. Bake until just set, 35- 40 minutes. Turn out when cool and cut into squares for serving.

These sound wonderful!!

I also make a nice "marbled German Chocolate brownie", you make your basic brownie recipe and place it in the pan spreading it evenly. Then you dollop coconut pecan frosting(in the tubs)here and there over the top. You can swirl it in with a knife blade, but it also seems to be okay if you leave it alone. I use a tablespoon to dollop mine. Then bake as usual, wonderfully gooey!

Brianschef said:
These sound wonderful!!

I also make a nice "marbled German Chocolate brownie", you make your basic brownie recipe and place it in the pan spreading it evenly. Then you dollop coconut pecan frosting(in the tubs)here and there over the top. You can swirl it in with a knife blade, but it also seems to be okay if you leave it alone. I use a tablespoon to dollop mine. Then bake as usual, wonderfully gooey!

Yummmm! (Running to the store to buy ingredients now!!!:ROFLMAO: )

Does anyone have a recipe for marbled brownies that's NOT a cream cheese base for the marbling? Like white chocolate, maybe? Was just curious!

Back
Top Bottom