Nanaimo Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barb

Assistant Cook
Nanaimo Bars

Bottom Layer

Butter or Margarine 1/2cup 125mL
Granulated sugar 1/4cup 50mL
Cocoa 5 tbsp. 75mL
Egg, beaten 1 1
Graham cracker crumbs 13/4cups 400mL
Fine coconut(or medium) 3/4cup 175mL
Walnuts,finely chopped 1/2cup 125mL

Second Layer

Butter or margarine 1/2cup 125mL
Milk 3tbsp. 50mL
Vanilla custard powder 2tbsp. 30mL
Icing(confectioner's)sugar 2cups 500mL

Third Layer

Semisweet choc. chips or
(4 semisweet squares) 2/3cup 150mL
Butter or Margarine 2tbsp. 30mL

Botton: Melt first 3 ingredients in top of double boiler or heavy sauce pan. Add beaten egg stir to cook and thicken. Remove from heat. Stir in crumbs, coconut and nuts. Press firmly into ungreased 9x9(22x22cm) pan.

Second Layer: Cream butter, milk, custard powder and icing sugar together well. Beat until light. Spread over bottom layer.

Third Layer: Melt chips and butter over low heat. Cool. When cool but still runny, spread over second layer. Chill in refrigerator.

Just Absolutely Delicious

Barb,

I have to warn you - I will HAVE to report you to the site moderator ;) if you continue to post such recipies. Or better yet, I'll just go see if stretch pants are on sale somewhere!!!!

This looks good!! It is printed and in my recipe box!!!!

Thanks for posting a great recipe!

Hey there Kitchenelf thanks for checking out the nanaimo recipe when I make them I use Bernard Calibaut Canadian Chocolate from Calgary Alberta

My gosh, this sounds soooo good. I can't wait to make this. There goes weight watchers for the next couple of days:rolleyes:

LOL Kendall!!!! That's for sure.

Now barb, exactly how am I going to get that chocolate!!!!! Any other suggestions for the perfect chocolate - oh, yea, that I can get here????? LOL in Southern Canada? (that would be the US) ;)

Bernard Callebaut Chocolaterie

Hi there anyone looking for Bernard chocolate they do have some outlets in the United States not sure of locations but here is the 800 number to find out 1 800 661 - 8367. I sure hope you can find an outlet near you so you can enjoy the delectable taste of Bernard Chocolate YUM YUM good luck.:)

Well, I called. The closest one is in Illinois - waaaaaaahhhhhh. I'll just search out the finest grade I can get here. Thanks for the number!

Bernard Chocolate

This Bernard Chocolate must really be good. I've never heard of it. What makes is so unique from other chocolates?

Bernard Callebaut Chocolatier

Hi Kendall

Not sure what makes it different I just found it far supreme than any other chocolate I've had. One christmas my husband came home with a chocolate log full of truffles and i've never had a normal chocolate bar since. He's a world famous chocolatier and his base of operations is in the middle of cattle country Calgary Alberta Canada. If you ever get the chance to try some be careful it could ruin your taste buds for the ordinary. You can only get the chocolate from one of the outlets I've never seen it anywhere else. Oh yeah i ate all the truffles and the Chocolate log in about a week yumyum:eek:

Back
Top Bottom