No Egg Brownies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No Egg Brownies

1/2 cup butter
3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup nuts, optional

Melt butter and chocolate in saucepan. REmove from heat. Add vanila and sugar. Stir in flour and nuts. Turn into greased 8-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

No eggs?? My siblings will thank you. The only thing that stops them from gobbling dough as fast as I can make it is the fear of salmonella.

Chocoholic said:
No eggs?? My siblings will thank you. The only thing that stops them from gobbling dough as fast as I can make it is the fear of salmonella.

Why would your siblings fear salmonella? The brownies are baked in a 350F oven. Salmonella is destroyed instantly at 161F.

I'm guessing those siblings are like me....can't resist licking the bowl.

So, are these brownies really fudgy? They sound great!

I like dough and batter almost better than the final

baked product so I just take my chances with the raw egg, although
I do like an eggless recipe just to take away that risk.

Yes, they like to snitch dough out of the bowl before it's baked. My mom doesn't let them if there's egg in it. I'm old enough (or crazy enough) to take my chances though!

That sounds yummy and thick. I think I have everything I need but the flour, and it would probably be a bad idea to try it with whole-wheat pastry flour, which is all I have right now.

I must remember to buy more all-purpose flour!
Is it fudgy?

Doesn't work

just made this recipe. followed it to a T... it does not work. brownies come out crumbly - do not stay together. needs more flour maybe? and something liquid? would not recommend :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom