Oh, MY, that Sin on a plate!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leigh

Senior Cook
Served kitchenelf's Sin on a Plate today at granddaughter's graduation party. Universal reaction: Oooooh, YUM :mrgreen: 8) :!:

elf, you have just solved all my mail-away Christmas present dilemmas for this year!! :mrgreen: Just think, I can begin baking them and bunging them into the freezer now, and once they're frozen, I can even gift wrap them and return them to said freezer! :D . By mailing time, they'll stay frozen in transit, thanks to the unpressurized cargo holds of jet planes. Oh, man. Talk about happiness on a plate. This stuff is just about the next best thing to orgasm. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Hi, Coco! :D

Here is kitchenelf's recipe for Sin on a Plate, just as she posted it. (I used Ghiardelli double chocolate chips and my usual coffee: half Folger's dark roast, half chicory, made in a drip pot.)

And now: kitchenelf :!: :D :D

This is definitely for those who live for chocolate! I never did until my first bite of this

SLICES OF SIN
(serves 10-12)

8 oz. semisweet chocolate (use a good brand)
1/2 cup strong brewed coffee (not instant)
2 sticks butter
1 cup sugar
4 eggs (do not pour in one bowl)
1 cup heavy cream

Preheat oven to 350°

Line a glass loaf pan with foil (I only had light gray). In the top of a double boiler melt the chocolate in the coffee. Add the butter and sugar, stirring until the butter is melted.

Cool the mixture for 10 minutes then beat in 1 egg at a time. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Bake until a crust forms on top, approximately 35-45 minutes. (the sides of mine came up higher for some reason)

Set the loaf pan in enough cool water to come halfway up the pan. The dessert will rise and fall as it cools.

When cool, wrap the pan well and refrigerate for at least 2 days or up to 2 weeks. (this helps set it).

When ready to serve unmold and slice and place a little whipped cream on a plate and a slice of sin on top.

It's me again - hard to believe anything so utterly - never mind, see previous post :roll: - could be so easy to make. :mrgreen:

ROFL - I KNEW you would like it and it always gets the same reaction you gave - LOL.

You can't really just "tell" someone it's good, or it's great, they just have to make it to find out. What a great present to receive too!!!!!

I'm not a dessert or sweet eater or a chocolate lover for that matter - but this stuff will just dwell on your mind mind and haunt you!

I'm glad you liked it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom