Orange bars??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessdalina

Assistant Cook
I have recently aquired a surplus of oranges and I want to use them. I love lemon bars but since I have more oranges than lemons I'm curious to substitute lemons for oranges in a lemon bar recipe. Keeping everything else the same. Do you think that would be good? I'd like to keep it as close to a lemon bar as possible. I think they'd be as refreshing as orange juice and may even be great as a brunch dessert for warm summer days. Please let me know how you think this would turn out!

Thanks for replying to my thread and for the confidence boost! I'm not a very adventurous chef.

Please let me know how you think this would turn out!

I thinkyou might need to cut the sugar at least a bit. Oranges are innately much sweeter than lemons. I would probably start out using half the sugar called for in the lemon bars.

I'm also interested in your results. I love all citrus treats, and cook and bake a lot with oranges.

Dying to try that cake you mentioned, too, Alix... but it will have to wait until my cleanse is over. :(

I love oranges so I think it would turn out good... :) Hope you could let us know how it turned out.

Back
Top Bottom