Peanut Butter and Captain Crunch, ideas??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maverick2272

Washing Up
So we are having a sweet tooth right now, and I was looking around the kitchen to see what we have. I have a recipe for simple easy peanut butter cookies, and just responded to a thread about easy peanut butter fudge, but then I had the idea of mixing peanut butter and Captain Crunch to make some sort of chewy peanut buttery dessert.
I know in college we used to make these awesome chewy peanut butter bars using corn flakes, peanut butter, and corn syrup. I have no corn syrup. So, any ideas here? I know some of you bakers out there gotta have some ideas for this! LOL.

You could always make Muddy Buddies using Captain Crunch. It would be different.

12 oz. package chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
1 cube margarine
1 box Rice Chex
2-3 cups powdered sugar

Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and margarine together. Place ½ box Rice Chex into jelly roll pan. Stir in half of the chocolate/ peanut butter mixture. Place coated Rice Chex into large plastic bag with powdered sugar. Shake and remove from bag. Repeat with the other half of Rice Chex.

Ohhh that sounds really good, but I don't have chocolate chips, darn it! But I do have coco powder, isn't there someway to make that into melted chocolate?

You could always make Muddy Buddies using Captain Crunch. It would be different.

12 oz. package chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
1 cube margarine
1 box Rice Chex
2-3 cups powdered sugar

Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and margarine together. Place ½ box Rice Chex into jelly roll pan. Stir in half of the chocolate/ peanut butter mixture. Place coated Rice Chex into large plastic bag with powdered sugar. Shake and remove from bag. Repeat with the other half of Rice Chex.

To make sure I have this right, basically it is coating the Rice Chex not making a bar like dessert?
I think that would be cool with maybe some peanuts throw into the mix, kinda like a candy version of Chex Mix.

I like the idea of crushing the cereal. As a kid, Captain Crunch use to rip apart the roof of my mouth when I ate it.

Back
Top Bottom