Pudding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1fanman

Assistant Cook
Newbie here.
Can someone post a recipe for Rice pudding with raisins? Thank you.
1fanman/aka Del

Rice pudding is so variable. It's something that you just use what u have

It's not a recipe but I start with preferably short grain white Rice ( but long grain i have used also. it cAn be cooked leftovers or raw) throw in pot with half and half or milk or whatever you have, add sugar/Splenda to your liking, and as it absorbs the milk add more depending on how firm you like it. I usually add raisins towards the middle so they don't implode.

I don't really like cinnamon or cardamom in mine bc I think it overpowers it. Sometimes I add orange flower or rose water. Chocolate. Whatever

I shall give this a try and see how it comes out..Thank you..
1fanman/aka Del:yum:

You can also create a rice pudding with leftover rice. Mix your standard egg custard, mix in leftover rice and chill. Season according to taste. I have done it both ways. An excellent way to use up loftover rice. :angel:

Addie said:
You can also create a rice pudding with leftover rice. Mix your standard egg custard, mix in leftover rice and chill. Season according to taste. I have done it both ways. An excellent way to use up loftover rice. :angel:

I need to try this egg custard version. I Hear good things

Oh yes, mum sometimes add sultanas :)

I love mums bread and butter pudding too, YUM!!

Milk over the pudding sounds lovely too Ads :)

Oh yes, mum sometimes add sultanas :)

I love mums bread and butter pudding too, YUM!!

Milk over the pudding sounds lovely too Ads :)

Any pudding that has custard as a base is a winner in this family. I buy the loaf of Pepperidge Farms Cinnamon Bread for the bread pudding. And I do leave the crust of the bread. It too has clumps of cinnamon in it. Why waste even a small taste of heaven. :angel:

Kylie, everytime I have had major surgery, the first meal I am allowed to have has to be custard. It is the one and only food I know will not give me a problem. Even when I had part of my stomach removed, they first fed me a small bowl of rice. Just the first small mouthful, and I was in trouble. Then when they got that cleared up, it was custard. I lived on that for the next five days, three times a day. Never got tired of it and it gave my stomach a chance to get used to to food again. Love, love custard. I am so glad I am no longer allergic to eggs as I was in childhood. :angel:

I can see why you like custard so much, it is great that you found it easy to eat after your op :)

Back
Top Bottom