"Slices of Sin" Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef J

Assistant Cook
I am finally going to make that decadent-sounding "Slices of Sin" recipe for...you guessed it...Christmas. Before I start, though, I have a couple of questions for anyone who can help:

1. The recipe says to use a glass loaf pan lined with foil. Instead of doing that, could I use a metal Bundt or Springform pan NOT lined with foil if I wanted to give the cake a different shape? If the answer is "yes," do I just store the cake in the Bundt or Springform pan in the fridge during the setting stage?

2. Where should the rack in my oven be when I go to bake this?

3. The recipe calls for a good brand of semisweet chocolate. Should I be buying chocolate morsels in the baking section...or something like a bar of Lindt chocolate?

4. Butter...salted or unsalted?

Can't wait to make this! Thanks for the help!

I can help with two parts of your question. First, get some Ghirardelli semi-sweet chips. They are very good. Butter for deserts should almost ALWAYS be unsalted and cook in the center of the oven unless a recipe calls for something else.

I use the Ghirardelli semi-sweet bars but I'm sure that doesn't matter AT ALL!

I would imagine that you could use anything but you should know (now that I'm too late to answer your question!) that a bundt pan would probably be too large - ?? Did you use one and how did it turn out?

I'm pretty sure the foil is to help get the chocolate loaf out of the pan so I feel like it's really necessary.

Middle of the oven is correct, along with unsalted butter. Always bake with unsalted butter.

And yes, you want to keep it in whatever you cooked it in to help it set.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom