Spiced Pumpkin Fudge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Filus59602

Senior Cook
Spiced Pumpkin Fudge

Preparation Time: <10 minutes
Cooking Time: about 15 minutes

Serves: 16 or more squares depending on how you slice it

3 C (600 g) Sugar
3/4 C (175 g) Butter or Margarine
2/3 C (175 ml) Evaporated Milk
1/2 C (125 ml) Canned Pumpkin
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 bag Butterscotch Morsels 12 oz (360 g)
1 jar Marshmallow Creme (7 oz ~220 ml)
1 C (250 ml) Pecan Pieces
1 tsp Real Vanilla

Greased a 9X13" (23x32 cm) baking dish.

In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, butter or margarine, milk, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.

Continue to boil over a medium heat stirring constantly until mixture reaches 234*F (112.2C) on a candy thermometer, about 10 minutes.

Remove from heat and stir in butterscotch morsels.

Add marshmallow creme, nuts and vanilla, mixing until blended.

Pour (quickly) into the prepared baking dish spreading just until smooth.

Cool at room temperature, cut into squares.

Wrap each square in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.

Wow! Now there's an old posting!
Well...since you dug it up, you'll need to try it and give us the heads up on it!
Sure sounds tasty, eh?

Got anything that I can substitute the marshmallow creme for? I can't have gelatin.

The only sub I've heard of for marshmallow creme is mini marshmallows + karo. But again, there's that gelatin issue.... hmmmmmmmmmm.

A side note: For my rice crispies treats I use peanut butter.. but i don't think it will have the same effect for fudge? Hmm...

jkath said:
Wow! Now there's an old posting!
Well...since you dug it up, you'll need to try it and give us the heads up on it!
Sure sounds tasty, eh?

That's what I was thinking, but I have to go to the store first. :(

I made it last night. It is addicting!! Very rich and sugary. It reminded my sister of maple sugar. I think I made a mistake, because it was more grainy than fudgy. It still tasted great. Worth the time you spend stirring!

pumpkin fudge

Chocoholic said:
I made it last night. It is addicting!! Very rich and sugary. It reminded my sister of maple sugar. I think I made a mistake, because it was more grainy than fudgy. It still tasted great. Worth the time you spend stirring!

when I first tried this recipe I thought I had made mistake. NO mistake, too rich. Had to salvage by heat ing and pouring of cake or ice cream. I am crazy about pumpkin and spice flavor but this was mistake, at least for us around here. Maybe others like that sweet flavor. Fudge is naturally sweet but this overpowering.

I love it when "old" posts that I've never seen are revived! This sounds like such a gem; happily cutting and pasting for when fall (or a giant pumpkin craving) rolls around.

Back
Top Bottom