Weird and wonderful

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jenny Roper

Assistant Cook
Hello,

I wondered if anyone had any particularly unusual recipes I could trial for my baking blog. It could be a recipe that you've not tried- I'm willing to try it out for you in the interests of journalism (and puddings!)

Okay, would you google cake mix brownies and see if you can find one that works well. These are brownies made from a cake mix. If i could find one that works well I would use it often as it would be cheaper than using up all of my good cocoa for brownies.

Okay, would you google cake mix brownies and see if you can find one that works well. These are brownies made from a cake mix. If i could find one that works well I would use it often as it would be cheaper than using up all of my good cocoa for brownies.

I always use a mix. Usually Duncan Hines is on sale for 99¢. The Fudge Brownies are just right and easy.:chef:

Hi Jenny ~
Here's an unusual recipe for gluten free brownies. I have tried it and it is good! Give it a try and see if you agree.

BLACK BEAN BROWNIES
1 (15 or approx. ounce) can black beans, rinsed and well drained
3 eggs
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon instant coffee (optional)
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8X8 square baking dish.

Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla, sugar, and instant
coffee (if used) in a blender until well blended and smooth. Pour the mixture into
the prepared dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the mixture.

Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, 30 minutes.

Let cool before cutting.

Back
Top Bottom