Would someone help w/recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is the same recipe as the toll house Choc Chip Recipe. except made into bars instead of round cookies except it has 1 less stick of butter and 1/4 cup less flour

My chocolate chip recipe calls for two sticks of margarine. That's only a cup so not really that much. I generally do a triple batch and that's two sticks of margarine and 1 cup of shortening.

Lard is made from pig fat and is best used in making soap.

WOW. Pretty strong opinion and one that was unasked for as well. How about we keep that kind of stuff under wraps a bit and stick to answering questions? I know I certainly got irritated with that particular comment and felt like making some strong comments. I'll stick with saying that speaking in absolutes here is bound to cause problems so lets all be a bit moderate please.

Mostly Water, if that seems like too much margarine to you, then just cut it back a bit. If your issue is that you feel you are consuming too much fat then you have a couple of options, 1) Substitute some of the fat with applesauce, or 2) don't eat the cookies!!! LOL!

Oh and shortening and margarine are not the same thing. (As you heard) They behave differently in baking so be sure to use what the recipe calls for unless you are willing to experience different results.

In our house we use mostly oil. I rarely use stick margarine but do keep it in the freezer.

We keep Kosher so there's no lard at all. As far as Crisco, I bought it on a whim. Once it's gone I doubt I'll buy it again. Whereas shortening might truly be different than margarine, in our house such differences don't exist.

I do a lot of low fat baking but I don't re for the taste of applesacue, bananas, or prune puree so it's slow going in our house. I got tired of peanut right away,t oo.

Ah, I see now. Well, sorry that the applesauce idea won't work for you.

OK, curious, if you do low fat baking but don't care for the taste of those things what do you end up using in place of the fat? I'm at a loss and would be interested in learning something new.

you could probably try using liek almond flour to help add to the fat content but I think the problem will then be trying to figure out how adjustments on the flour in it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom