Yummy recipe but don't know which pan to use

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kittiekat

Assistant Cook
hey everyone, new to the forums :)

I had a few questions about a Butter Mochi recipe. I used to make it all the time in my 9x13 rectangular pan but since I've moved, the only pans I have here is a few muffin pans and one loaf pan.

I was wondering if I could make the Butter Mochi in the loaf pan or make it fun and bake them like cupcakes? The normal recipe asks for me to bake it in a 9x13 rectangular pan at 350 degrees for 1 hour. How would I go about baking this recipe in the limited pans I have? Is it even possible? :LOL:

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hi kittycat, and welcome to Discuss Cooking.

I'm not much of a baker, and I must admit I had to use Google to know what you are talking about. This sounds intriguing, as I read somewhere it is a kind of a cake that tastes something like custard. I don't know why you couldn't do cupcakes, and adjust the baking time.

Would you mind posting your recipe please?

lol, sorry I didn't post the recipe earlier.:ROFLMAO: I'd like to make this recipe in the cupcake pans or the loaf pan, but I have no clue as far as what I would need to do to make this recipe accomodate the loaf or the cupcake pans like setting it at a diff temp or changing the ingredient measurements... :P

1/2 C Butter
1 Pkg Mochiko flour (16oz.)
2 1/2 C Sugar
1 Tsp. Baking powder
3 C Milk
5 Eggs
1 Tsp. Vanilla

Preheat oven at 350 degrees.

1. Microwave the butter for 30 secs.
2. In a bowl, add butter and sugar, mix well
3. Add vanilla and eggs, mix well
4. Add mochiko flour and baking powder, mix