1/18/2019 - Whatcha' eatin' tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Slow cooker chicken thighs in a Thai inspired peanut sauce, served over brown rice, topped with snow peas, radishes, and scallions, green salad on the side.

Day 3 without a kitchen; takeout from a diner.

DW and the boy had cheeseburgers with sweet potato fries. I had a corned beef Reuben and fries.

We did a Costco run today and naturally we got a Tissie Chicken. We might have that, or some of the Aussie loin lamb chops we love so much. Geeze they are up to $8. per pound now, but worth every penny. They had oxtails too but I still refuse to pay $6. for mostly bone. I thought sure they would be cheaper at Costco.

London broil done on the cast iron stove top grill pan, steamed Brussels sprouts, fresh string bean salad, Pappardelle noodles (with sautéed sliced mushrooms, butter, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and half & half added).

steak_string_beans_sprouts_011819_IMG_5304.jpg

SO cooked up some Italian sausages, peppers, onions and mushrooms that we made sandwiches with.

Goin' old skool with Chicken Cordon Blu on mustard cream sauce..throw some duck fat potatoes on there, too!

Attachments

• 50244584_631353857283826_6650375224241946624_n (2).jpg
    50244584_631353857283826_6650375224241946624_n (2).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Looks good, sounds good everyone!

Andy, so glad you have SO to care for you :heart:

We spent the afternoon running errands and didn't feel like a big whoopdedoo dinner...

Early today, I made a No Knead Loaf of White Bread, sliced it, added some heated sliced deli Roast Beef and Cheese, yum; threw together a small side salad and you're good to go!

DSC00847.jpg

IMG_3954.jpg

Not bad.

Dessert later will be the last of the Brownies with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream :yum:

DSC00843.jpg

Himself lobbied me hard for a pot of chili. We just had it back home in OH, but he could eat the stuff once a week all year long. I'm good for no more than once a month, and only during cold weather. The things we do for love...

Goin' old skool with Chicken Cordon Blu on mustard cream sauce..throw some duck fat potatoes on there, too!

Old skool? I wish I went to school in Canada. 3 hours of studies, then 3 hours of hockey, and then an awesome meal...

Looks good, sounds good everyone!

Andy, so glad you have SO to care for you :heart:

We spent the afternoon running errands and didn't feel like a big whoopdedoo dinner...

Early today, I made a No Knead Loaf of White Bread, sliced it, added some heated sliced deli Roast Beef and Cheese, yum; threw together a small side salad and you're good to go!

View attachment 33152

View attachment 33153

Not bad.

Dessert later will be the last of the Brownies with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream :yum:

View attachment 33154

k-girl, nice! That sammich needs garlic butter smeared on it and a bit of minced onion, but that bread is killer.

I went out for a few beers and some rather good quesadillas. Blackened chicken, which I generally don't care for, but these were not overly spiced -- good balance of heat and flavor. Moist and tender, too. I'm thinking dark meat, not breast like most places serve.

The house gave me a glass of Templeton Rye whiskey. I've never had rye whiskey before, and it was quite good. You Canadians seem to like it. Very smooth, with a definite spice note to it. I particularly tasted allspice.

Anyway, I got out of the house/office, and interacted with humans (sorry Teddy) for a few hours.

CD

Tonight I had another freezer dinner - a Goan beef curry, and on the side I had a cucumber pachadi. Pachadis are similar to ryotis, but they are tempered with a tadka - some fried cumin, mustard seed, curry leaves, and usually some minced chili peppers, and sometimes other ingredients. I usually make these in the summer, since most have fresh tomatoes, but this was a simpler one.

Cold sliced chicken breast from the chicken I roasted the other night with a bit of ranch dressing, and skillet Mexican street corn. I had to use frozen corn, of course, because, we’ll, it’s the middle of January!

I discovered that I do not like cotija cheese. At all. It tastes like dirty socks. Next time I make this corn, I’ll use feta, thank you very much!

Pan-seared pork chops with Penzeys Greek Seasoning and pan sauce with lemon juice and parsley; green beans simmered with sautéed onions and garlic, a can of diced tomatoes and oregano; and the rest of the leftover rice and orzo pilaf.
0118192017a.jpg

To celebrate Jeannie's B'Day, D&SIL took us to their fave Japanese restaurant..

They all had an assortment of sushi and I had Tempura Calamari and Hibachi Fried Rice and a glass of Asahi beer..

Good stuff.. :yum:

Brownies, I'd baked earlier, for dessert..

Ross

Back
Top Bottom