10/22/18 Mon. National nut day dinner..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
What (or who) is your favorite nut?
Mine is Macadamia with cashews a close second. Don't like peanuts.

I'm making Beefy Ratatouille with Orzo for dinner.
What's cooking at your abode?

I bake mostly with walnuts. Pecans for pie. Pistachios for eating out of hand.

Dinner will be leftover chicken, broccoli, ziti from last night.

Gently warmed leftover rib eye and shrimp from yesterday's grill will be dinner. Either a salad or asparagus for a side - haven't decided yet. Definitely sliced apple will be on the plate. My daughter, grandkids and I went apple picking a few days ago and I've been snacking on a couple of those beauties daily. :yum:

Hmmm....nuts. I like most of them, but my faves are cashews and pecans.

I have yet to meet a tree or ground nut that I didn't like.

Faves are pistachios, brazil, and roast peanuts in the shell.

I have some country-style pork ribs dry-rubbed with Penzeys Northwoods seasoning waiting to be be pan-roasted in bacon fat :yum: I'll make a mustard cream sauce with the drippings and add some dried sage from the garden. I'll also braise some green beans from last spring's garden and I have some rolls made with no-knead bread dough about to go into the oven.

I love nuts :wub: Pecans, cashews, almonds, hazelnuts, pine nuts and peanuts - luv them all. I haven't had macadamias or pistachios much. Pistachios sure are pretty on baked goods, though.

Nuts?
To bake with I like Pecans and Macadamia
To eat out of hand I like Cashews, Pistachios, Brazil Nuts and SmokeHouse Almonds, in that order please, thank you
To cook with I like Pine Nuts and Pepitas, oh well those are seeds, so ...
I truly do not care for Walnuts and Peanuts, as well Chestnuts.

Ooh, you were talking about dinner tonight :ohmy: okay :LOL:

I'm going to re-heat as well, Chicken Chili and a fresh pot of steamed White Rice...
007.jpg
[file photo from the other night's supper]
I WAS going to make Corn Bread, but I can't find the recipe that I REALLY enjoy and DH will eat, so I'll be busy tonight hunting that down ;)

Last edited:
I like all kinds of nuts, too, but my favorite nut is Goober. Not peanuts, but our son! [emoji38]

We had blupper today - I made my one cooked in the late afternoon. I made a mushroom omelette with smoked Gouda cheese and a generous amount of Spice House's Lake Shore Drive seasoning, and apple pancakes with the last of the orange syrup. If we get hungry, we'll just rummage.

IMG_20181022_182359303.jpg

I like all kinds of nuts, too, but my favorite nut is Goober. Not peanuts, but our son! [emoji38]

We had blupper today - I made my one cooked in the late afternoon. I made a mushroom omelette with smoked Gouda cheese and a generous amount of Spice House's Lake Shore Drive seasoning, and apple pancakes with the last of the orange syrup. If we get hungry, we'll just rummage.

View attachment 31953

CG, recipe if you please?
And I simply love your, is it place-mat or table cloth? So cute!

...and apple pancakes with the last of the orange syrup...]

CG, recipe if you please?
And I simply love your, is it place-mat or table cloth? So cute!
We have Halloween placemats!
character0060.gif

What do you want the recipe to? If it's the apple pancakes, I just make a batch of "Favorite Pancakes" from my BH&G "New Cook Book" (Sixth printing, 1973) and add thin half-slices of fresh apple pieces. A single recipe of pancake batter needs about 3/4 of a small apple - with the extra 1/4 for the cook. :yum:

The syrup was from Emeril's website. I made a half-recipe of his "Orange Syrup", but didn't add the berries. I think I used a little less sugar than called for, too.

What (or who) is your favorite nut?
Mine is Macadamia with cashews a close second. Don't like peanuts.

I'm making Beefy Ratatouille with Orzo for dinner.
What's cooking at your abode?

Great looking and sounding dinners tonight everyone!

I hesitate posting a picture, as it sure tasted better than it looked, but hey, there's truth in advertising. Trust me, it was really tasty.

Attachments

• PA220003[1].jpg
    PA220003[1].jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 114
I have some country-style pork ribs dry-rubbed with Penzeys Northwoods seasoning waiting to be be pan-roasted in bacon fat :yum: I'll make a mustard cream sauce with the drippings and add some dried sage from the garden. I'll also braise some green beans from last spring's garden and I have some rolls made with no-knead bread dough about to go into the oven.

I love nuts :wub: Pecans, cashews, almonds, hazelnuts, pine nuts and peanuts - luv them all. I haven't had macadamias or pistachios much. Pistachios sure are pretty on baked goods, though.
Dinner :yum:
2018-10-22-22-43-01.jpg

Cashews, macadamias, pecans, peanuts (though technically not a nut), walnuts in that order.

Chicken vesuvio. I thought it was good. Craig apparently really liked it.

Attachments

• 2018-10-22 17.38.35.jpg
    2018-10-22 17.38.35.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 101

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom