11/19/10 Friday what's cooking today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What wasn't cooking. Yesterday (Friday, it is now wee hours Saturday) was Galena's annual Beaujolais festival. We eat a hearty lunch of beef stew made with the local winery's nouveau, then hop on Percheron-drawn wagons and go down Main Street, partying. Then sort of bar-hop our way back down the town. A great time. Any of you fellow Midwesterners might consider the weekend before Thanksgiving in Galena to kick off your holiday season (no, I have no financial interest in this and don't belong to the CoC ... just love a good, community-wide party!

Awww, PF. Feel for you. Reminds us of all the things we take for granted. I semi-sprained my right wrist the other day and am being reminded how many times one needs a good grip. Old left hand tries but just isn't as strong.

Good grief! Don't want to be misunderstood: Please know that I'm in no way equating my inconvenience with your current battle. Hope it very soon takes less and less effort and it's no longer a struggle.

Good grief! Don't want to be misunderstood: Please know that I'm in no way equating my inconvenience with your current battle. Hope it very soon takes less and less effort and it's no longer a struggle.

I never gave it a thought, thank you for the empathy. It's very true about what we take for granted. Don't try it, but breaking your little toe is one of the most debilitaing injuries to have, you don't know how much you use that toe until it happens.:LOL:

It's not the struggle, I knew it would be, but the time it's taking. Mostly mad at myself for scheduling it the week before Thanksgiving.:ROFLMAO: D'oh!

Did anyone where you had your work done say at any point, "The worst part is over"? I have begun to be v-e-r-y skeptical of these words.

Teetering on a limb here, dare I say, the worst part is over??? Sure hope so. :)

Did anyone where you had your work done say at any point, "The worst part is over"? I have begun to be v-e-r-y skeptical of these words.

Teetering on a limb here, dare I say, the worst part is over??? Sure hope so. :)

No one said that, or I'd be throwing back in their face on Monday!:) I really planned on leaving them in today while I ate gooshy food, but my jaws were hurting too much. I'm going to have to let them heal more, he had to do some chopping to get my teeth removed, so I have a few places that are not healed over, yet.

Tomorrow...pain pills, cottage cheese or pudding and then see where we stand. I tried a straw today with my designer coffee, that was funny, had to get a towel to clean up the floor where I dribbled!:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom