11/22/10 MONDAY What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks good. Will give this one a try. Maybe even easier with a frozen pie shell. What's up with "Flavor Extender"? Cool name. MSG you think? I'll pass on that ingredient.

You can try it if you like, but it just won't be the same. The biscuity crust is part of the attraction. If a pie shell was all I had I wouldn't bother to make it. It even uses a few tablespoons as a binder. The distinctive biscuit flavor is what this recipe is all about.

Yes, flavor extender is MSG. It is optional.

BTW, any biscuit mix will do, it doesn't have to be Bisquick brand. I made it last week with Jiffy baking mix and it was just as good.

I've been making this for 50 years:ohmy:, and it's the only recipe I use that doesn't allow for variation. I've tried, over and over to add mushrooms, or green beans, use pie crust, etc. It's never any good; edible, yes, even tasty, but not as good or worth repeating. The basic recipe right from the ad is TNT.

You can try it if you like, but it just won't be the same. The biscuity crust is part of the attraction. If a pie shell was all I had I wouldn't bother to make it. It even uses a few tablespoons as a binder. The distinctive biscuit flavor is what this recipe is all about.

Yes, flavor extender is MSG. It is optional.

BTW, any biscuit mix will do, it doesn't have to be Bisquick brand. I made it last week with Jiffy baking mix and it was just as good.

I've been making this for 50 years:ohmy:, and it's the only recipe I use that doesn't allow for variation. I've tried, over and over to add mushrooms, or green beans, use pie crust, etc. It's never any good; edible, yes, even tasty, but not as good or worth repeating. The basic recipe right from the ad is TNT.
Fair enough. I always have the stuff around to do it anyway. I can be a bit lazy at times.:LOL: I make a deep dish pizza using biscuit dough that my family likes, so, you are right. The distinctive biscuit dough flavor is part of the attraction. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom