"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 11-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

11/22/10 MONDAY What's Cooking?

Early this morning I made my broth for the stuffing and gravy for Thanksgiving. The smell was heavenly. Later today, I will be getting set for pumpkin custard. Shrek is requesting a pie, so I will make him a pie and just the custard for me.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
Senior Cook

Spent all morning running errands and going to the market ... I just got home and put all my groceries away.

Dinner tonight will be shrimp scampi over linguine, garlic bread, and a nice big salad.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef

SO and I have to attend a wake this evening so No clue what's for dinner. Maybe some take-out.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Red Wine...
Coq Au Vin....
Bread....

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Early this morning I made my broth for the stuffing and gravy for Thanksgiving. The smell was heavenly. Later today, I will be getting set for pumpkin custard. Shrek is requesting a pie, so I will make him a pie and just the custard for me.
Are you going to be ok for Thanksgiving dinner?! I have heard that Thanksgiving Dinner Shakes aren't that good. When you think about it though, I guess most of the foods served on Thanksgiving are not too tough to chew. I want you to gain as much wei... I mean I want you to enjoy your meal as much as the rest of us!

I'm thinking about having bacon and eggs for supper. Maybe French toast too. Nothing has really popped into my head (except Princess Fee's glaring stare! LOL) so I will play it by ear.

Barbara
Old 11-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #6
Senior Cook

Need suggestions... I have a bunch of shredded chicken breast meat. I know there are lots of possibilities but I need some new ideas. Got any? We had BBQ chicken sandwiches, chicken/stuffing casserole and chicken quesadillas recently, so not those.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #7
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Are you going to be ok for Thanksgiving dinner?! I have heard that Thanksgiving Dinner Shakes aren't that good. When you think about it though, I guess most of the foods served on Thanksgiving are not too tough to chew. I want you to gain as much wei... I mean I want you to enjoy your meal as much as the rest of us!

I'm thinking about having bacon and eggs for supper. Maybe French toast too. Nothing has really popped into my head (except Princess Fee's glaring stare! LOL) so I will play it by ear.

Barbara
I just managed a ham salad sandwich, on white bread (alas), I had to cut the crusts off. I'm making plenty of gravy to soften everything up, I plan on packing on the pounds, just like some folks I know!
Old 11-22-2010, 04:34 PM   #8
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickerdoodle View Post
Need suggestions... I have a bunch of shredded chicken breast meat. I know there are lots of possibilities but I need some new ideas. Got any? We had BBQ chicken sandwiches, chicken/stuffing casserole and chicken quesadillas recently, so not those.
How about just chicken salad sandwiches? Or creamed chicken and veggies over noodles?
Old 11-22-2010, 05:14 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

If you're tired of it, freeze it for later and have something else. Otherwise I'd make chicken salad.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #10
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
If you're tired of it, freeze it for later and have something else. Otherwise I'd make chicken salad.
I would love to just make chicken salad but dh isn't a fan. I think I decided on chicken, bacon and alfredo pizza. I forgot I had some bacon to use up too. I'm going to try Zhizara's alfredo recipe!