11/22/10 MONDAY What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
Early this morning I made my broth for the stuffing and gravy for Thanksgiving. The smell was heavenly. Later today, I will be getting set for pumpkin custard. Shrek is requesting a pie, so I will make him a pie and just the custard for me.:chef:

Spent all morning running errands and going to the market ... I just got home and put all my groceries away.

Dinner tonight will be shrimp scampi over linguine, garlic bread, and a nice big salad.

SO and I have to attend a wake this evening so No clue what's for dinner. Maybe some take-out.

Early this morning I made my broth for the stuffing and gravy for Thanksgiving. The smell was heavenly. Later today, I will be getting set for pumpkin custard. Shrek is requesting a pie, so I will make him a pie and just the custard for me.:chef:
Are you going to be ok for Thanksgiving dinner?! I have heard that Thanksgiving Dinner Shakes aren't that good. When you think about it though, I guess most of the foods served on Thanksgiving are not too tough to chew. I want you to gain as much wei... I mean I want you to enjoy your meal as much as the rest of us!

I'm thinking about having bacon and eggs for supper. Maybe French toast too. Nothing has really popped into my head (except Princess Fee's glaring stare! LOL) so I will play it by ear.

:)Barbara

Need suggestions... I have a bunch of shredded chicken breast meat. I know there are lots of possibilities but I need some new ideas. Got any? We had BBQ chicken sandwiches, chicken/stuffing casserole and chicken quesadillas recently, so not those.

Are you going to be ok for Thanksgiving dinner?! I have heard that Thanksgiving Dinner Shakes aren't that good. When you think about it though, I guess most of the foods served on Thanksgiving are not too tough to chew. I want you to gain as much wei... I mean I want you to enjoy your meal as much as the rest of us!

I'm thinking about having bacon and eggs for supper. Maybe French toast too. Nothing has really popped into my head (except Princess Fee's glaring stare! LOL) so I will play it by ear.

:)Barbara

I just managed a ham salad sandwich, on white bread (alas), I had to cut the crusts off. I'm making plenty of gravy to soften everything up, I plan on packing on the pounds, just like some folks I know!:LOL:

Need suggestions... I have a bunch of shredded chicken breast meat. I know there are lots of possibilities but I need some new ideas. Got any? We had BBQ chicken sandwiches, chicken/stuffing casserole and chicken quesadillas recently, so not those.

How about just chicken salad sandwiches? Or creamed chicken and veggies over noodles?

If you're tired of it, freeze it for later and have something else. Otherwise I'd make chicken salad.

If you're tired of it, freeze it for later and have something else. Otherwise I'd make chicken salad.

I would love to just make chicken salad but dh isn't a fan. I think I decided on chicken, bacon and alfredo pizza. I forgot I had some bacon to use up too. I'm going to try Zhizara's alfredo recipe!

I would love to just make chicken salad but dh isn't a fan. I think I decided on chicken, bacon and alfredo pizza. I forgot I had some bacon to use up too. I'm going to try Zhizara's alfredo recipe!

Cool!

I made a pot of chili and had a bowl. Still a little raw, so I'll keep in the fridge over night, have some tomorrow with mac & cheese then freeze the rest.

Tonight I'll have a big bacon, Swiss and tomato sandwich on honey wheat bread.

'Went to a Mexican Restaurant for my oldest granddaughter's 18th birthday. Had 1 Taco dinner.

Had a large late lunch while out shopping. Didn't want to hit the grocery store hungry! DH is teaching tonight so I made some egg salad and had that on Ritz crackers with some citrus green tea to wash it down. When DH gets home, he can have the rest or heat up some left over lasagna.

11/23/10 TUESDAY What's Cooking?

I'm having supper by myself tonight. I just put a chicken thigh and mushrooms gratin in the oven. I'll probably have some coleslaw with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm making Eggplant parmigiana for dinner tonight. Going to put it in the oven to finish off in about 5 mins...I had no basil leaves..hmmmmmmm

:)

I made this tonite.......I think Z found the recipe and we enjoyed it!

Hamburger Onion Pie – 1959 Recipe Clipping | RecipeCurio.com

I made it even simpler by mixing the crust in the pie pan with a fork, and then spread it around with the fork to make a crust for the filling.
Easy peasy, and tasty too. Green salad on the side.

Thanks Z !!:chef:

You're welcome. I'm just so happy that I've passed on this favorite of mine. Very comfort food.:LOL:

I made this tonite.......I think Z found the recipe and we enjoyed it!

Hamburger Onion Pie – 1959 Recipe Clipping | RecipeCurio.com

I made it even simpler by mixing the crust in the pie pan with a fork, and then spread it around with the fork to make a crust for the filling.
Easy peasy, and tasty too. Green salad on the side.

Thanks Z !!:chef:
That looks good. Will give this one a try. Maybe even easier with a frozen pie shell. What's up with "Flavor Extender"? Cool name. MSG you think? I'll pass on that ingredient.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom