11/23/10 TUESDAY What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're having "Friedas Kasserole". We had it in a pub in Denmark and really liked it. I didn't get the recipe, so I just made one up based on the description and what we could see and taste:

Bacon, chunks of pork, paprika, all browned and then covered with cream and simmered for about 45 minutes in a dutch oven. Cut up knackwurst added for the last 10 minutes or so. Frieda used cocktail wieners instead of knackwurst, but I don't like the ingredients in the cocktail wieners here. Serve with lots of boiled potatoes.

Yes, it was a seasoning packet. I had never seen it before I bought it. At my store it was with all the packets (spaghetti, chili, gravy mixes, etc.). I just rubbed it on the roast dry and cooked it low and slow, covered.

:)Barbara

I'll keep an eye out. I love seasoning packets. a 12 pack of Ramen costs about $1.75, so 12 seasoning packs to fix up a blah dish or salt a soup is a great deal. I also like the noodles for some dishes. Semi-homemade may not be purist cooking, but I like the fact that it always comes out the way I expect it to.:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom