11/23/10 TUESDAY What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Mac & cheese with multiple cheeses, to eat with yesterday's chili.

What are you cooking today?

My day off meal. We usually start early. Appetizers and such. Maybe broiled scallops in white wine. I like to do them in escargot dishes. Then, it's looking like Serf and Turf tonight. I just got a full tenderloin in so I will clean and portion that for the freezer and leave three out for us. I saw some lobster tails at the market yesterday so I am going back to grab those...Wipped Garlic Mashed, with something else. I have a bottle of South African Vintage Cab Sav that keeps knockin' on the booze cabinet door to get out. We will set it free.

Last edited:
My day off meal. We usually start early. Appetizers and such. Maybe broiled scallops in white wine. I like to do them in escargot dishes. Then, it's looking like Serf and Turf tonight. I just got a full tenderloin in so I will clean and portion that for the freezer and leave three out for us. I saw some lobster tails at the market yesterday so I am going back to grab those...Wipped Garlic Mashed, with something else. I have a bottle of South African VQA Cab Sav that keeps knockin' on the booze cabinet door to get out. We will set it free.

Wow, mmmmmmmmmmmm, drooooooooooollllllll.:pig:

I was going to do round steak but as I was getting it out of the freezer I noticed that a big pork roast in the bottom of the freezer basket had a tear in it (the package that is). I think it just happened when I was rearranging things, so it is ok but I don't want to leave it any longer. I defrosted it, rubbed it down with Old El Paso Burrito Seasoning (I've never used it but it was on sale so I thought I would try it.), and threw it in the oven. When it is ready I will shred it and make burritos for supper. :cool:

:)Barbara

It's been a long day and I'm tired. Tonight we'll have grilled kilbasa and sesame noodles.

I made the mac & cheese with Asiago, low fat American, a couple ounces of cream cheese, mozzarella and a little taco cheese mix.

I also added some dried green onions I found when shopping. Big jar, small price.

Topped with bread crumbs and sprayed with buttery cooking spray.

It was GOOD!

I served it with some of the chili I didn't freeze last night.

The leftover mac & cheese probably won't make it to the freezer. I only cooked up 1 cup of macaroni, so I'll probably munch on it for the next day or so.

Barbara L Your dinner sounds really good. Let us know how you liked the burrito sauce.

Last edited:
Tonight is going to be tortellini. I think there is going to be chicken involved and I'll likely see what else is in the fridge to go in there too. Might be some mushrooms, maybe some peppers etc.

I was going to reheat the leftover lasagna for supper tonight but got a call from my baby that his classes are over for the week and will be home for dinner. Now I'm thinking of either hamburger mac and cheese or spaghetti. I'll let him decide when he gets home.

I was going to do round steak but as I was getting it out of the freezer I noticed that a big pork roast in the bottom of the freezer basket had a tear in it (the package that is). I think it just happened when I was rearranging things, so it is ok but I don't want to leave it any longer. I defrosted it, rubbed it down with Old El Paso Burrito Seasoning (I've never used it but it was on sale so I thought I would try it.), and threw it in the oven. When it is ready I will shred it and make burritos for supper. :cool:

That sounds YUMMY!!

Here are the mini tails. Actually, they weren't that good. A few of them were quite fishy. I've had better....Went with roasted wedges instead of mashed, and serloin was on sale so I had one and froze the tenderloin..

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    180.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
I drove Dad to his doctor's today it is a fair drive away and we got back at supper time and absolutely frozen as well as hungry. I pulled out a couple of the meat pies I made a few weeks ago from the freezer so I just had to stick them and a few fries into the oven and there was supper. Not fancy, but quick and satisfying.

Was it too salty from the burrito sauce? I take it you liked the flavor. Just wondering if I should buy some.
Yes, it was the burrito seasoning that was salty. I should have just used one (and maybe some regular spices), but since the roast was almost three pounds I used two.

Barbara L: I'm a little confused. Is this a seasoning packet? I've never heard of a burrito sauce, but I'd like to keep an eye out for it just for a change.

Barbara L: I'm a little confused. Is this a seasoning packet? I've never heard of a burrito sauce, but I'd like to keep an eye out for it just for a change.
Yes, it was a seasoning packet. I had never seen it before I bought it. At my store it was with all the packets (spaghetti, chili, gravy mixes, etc.). I just rubbed it on the roast dry and cooked it low and slow, covered.

Back
Top Bottom