11-24-14 Dinner for Monday??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is for dinner y'all?

I am making some mac & cheese (boxed, GASP!) and adding some hot dog chili in for my BF to take to work with some tortillas to make chili mac burritos. Joe works nights at a liqour warehouse, so he is swamped this week with it being a holiday and needs something he can grab and go. Last week I sent him with scalloped potatoes, corn and salisbury steaks and he said he was too busy to heat it up, let alone eat it, so this week has to be easy foods for him since he will be working at the very least 12 hour days all week. :yum:

I have a condo board meeting tonight so I'll eat something out of the freezer when I get home.

I thawed out a couple of pork blade steaks and am slow oven braising them with Tequila and Mexican spices. I'm thinking I'll shred the meat and serve with lettuce wraps instead of tortillas, along with the usual Mexican accoutrements.

spaghetti (large shells actually) and meatballs. Last month I bought a case of Hunts garlic and herb pasta sauce and it sure has come in handy. Will add some frozen Italian meat balls to the sauce. I didn't have any spaghetti in the pantry and the shells will work just fine. Liberal dose of parmesan cheese on top.

Chicken tenders in gravy on brown rice made with turkey stock. Sides to be figured out later.

spaghetti (large shells actually) and meatballs. Last month I bought a case of Hunts garlic and herb pasta sauce and it sure has come in handy. Will add some frozen Italian meat balls to the sauce. I didn't have any spaghetti in the pantry and the shells will work just fine. Liberal dose of parmesan cheese on top.

That's darn good sauce Beth, and a fraction of the cost of others in the jars.

I had leftovers from my weekend with company. Pastrami and swiss on rolls, and potato salad.
The kitchen is all super cleaned up and ready to go for Thanksgiving, so I might not even turn on the oven or heat up a burner until Wednesday. :LOL:

I threw together some CP black bean dip mixed with salsa and velveeta. We demolished it with Tostitos.

I made chicken tortilla soup. I'm still not happy with it. I really love the one at Max & Era's but I didn't have Velveeta. I'm going to get it for next time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom