"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #11
Master Chef
 
Rocklobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathleenA View Post
Not having turkey leftovers, I'm sad and so decided to treat us to Steamed Mussels in White Wine and Shallots and some crusty French bread. It's a recipe from Top Chef University! It smells fabulous.

~Kathleen
One of my faves!! Enjoy!
__________________

__________________
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #12
Master Chef
 
Rocklobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,177
Speggatini with olio e aglio. Home made Tuscan style sausage I made with some great shoulder I bought on sale, and a mixed salad thingy with Oregano,Chianti venegar and some more of that olio.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	9069  
__________________

__________________
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:57 PM   #13
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Speggatini with olio e aglio. Home made Tuscan style sausage I made with some great shoulder I bought on sale, and a mixed salad thingy with Oregano,Chianti venegar and some more of that olio.
That looks YUMMY!!
__________________
There is freedom within, there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:58 PM   #14
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9,529
Baked Mini Penne with Mushroom Sauce (cooked mini penne tossed with ricotta, mozzarella, fresh grated Romano & Parmesan, fresh parsley. Mushroom sauce - EVOO, chili oil, grapeseed oil, ground red pepper flakes, sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground thyme & rosemary, chopped fresh mushrooms, garlic, onions, chopped fresh oregano, basil & parsley, topped with mozzarella and baked) and salad.

__________________
There is freedom within, there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #15
Master Chef
 
Rocklobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Baked Mini Penne with Mushroom Sauce (cooked mini penne tossed with ricotta, mozzarella, fresh grated Romano & Parmesan, fresh parsley. Mushroom sauce - EVOO, chili oil, grapeseed oil, ground red pepper flakes, sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground thyme & rosemary, chopped fresh mushrooms, garlic, onions, chopped fresh oregano, basil & parsley, topped with mozzarella and baked) and salad.


OK, now I'm hungry again!
__________________
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:20 PM   #16
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
OK, now I'm hungry again!
Thank you RL!!
__________________
There is freedom within, there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:27 PM   #17
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,512
We had a Stouffer's night, I spent most of the day doing all the laundry I forgot the other week.
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:52 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 10,867
I've had oxtails cooking away on the stove for an hr or two in red wine, canned tomatoes and beef stock. When they are close to tender I'll add some carrots, celery, mushrooms and pearl onions, and serve it over orzo pasta. It sure smells good in this house!!
All inspired by Luckycharm, with notions of my own.

I went to the Mexican market to get some $2.99 oxtails yesterday, and they were out.
However I found some really nice ones at Costco today for $3.99 per lb. The price there has come down! This is gonna be one goooooooood dinner!!
It's been a long time since I've enjoyed them, and it will be a first for my hubby. He's always game for anything I cook. What a pleasure.

PS I'm sorry you're sad Kathleen.....sending you a hug.
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:04 PM   #19
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I've had oxtails cooking away on the stove for an hr or two in red wine, canned tomatoes and beef stock. When they are close to tender I'll add some carrots, celery, mushrooms and pearl onions, and serve it over orzo pasta. It sure smells good in this house!!
All inspired by Luckycharm, with notions of my own.

I went to the Mexican market to get some $2.99 oxtails yesterday, and they were out.
However I found some really nice ones at Costco today for $3.99 per lb. The price there has come down! This is gonna be one goooooooood dinner!!
It's been a long time since I've enjoyed them, and it will be a first for my hubby. He's always game for anything I cook. What a pleasure.

PS I'm sorry you're sad Kathleen.....sending you a hug.
The only thing I do different for mine is barley, instead of Orzo. Hmmmm...
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i am leaning toward home made pizza.
frittered the day away. so gonna make one of my calif. roast beef sammies on the george forman. calif. green chilies, deli roast beef and provo. cheese and grilled . some chips i think, and ice cream treat for dessert. oh yeah gonna have a beer with dinner. my ice cream treat is like a creamsicle
__________________

__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.