11/5/10 TGIF Dinner Plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I was looking for a bedtime snack last night and noticed some cottage cheese. I started to reach for it when I realized I had all the makings for Hamburger Onion Pie, the first recipe I ever made from written directions. It was a family favorite for many years.

So, Hamburger Onion Pie for me. What's yours?

http://recipecurio.com/hamburger-onion-pie-1959-recipe-clipping/:chef:

crabmeat-stuffed lobster tail
here was my 4:30 in the morning food (kinda dinner-ish 4 me, anyhows)~

Attachments

• !cid__Picture056.jpg
    !cid__Picture056.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 201
  • !cid__Picture058.jpg
    !cid__Picture058.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 192
I'm in the kitchen today, it is really cold, windy and wet outside. Dh is out in this mess getting ready to host his brothers' visit this weekend. Big project is bringing in a 163 year old white oak tree that was shading my garden. He wants to get it all cut up before bro arrives:wacko:.

I just put an apple crisp in the oven, made with Northern Spies and Golden Delicious apples, will start a crock pot bbq chicken as soon as the Scooba is done in the kitchen;) and also have 2 1/2 pounds of whole greased sweet taters in with the crisp.

luvs, what is that green thing? And crab stuffed lobster tail? Wow! I'm drooling.

Tonight's dinner is still a mystery to me. Going to look at beef, either ground or chunks. Maybe...fajitas?

Trying a new recipe for Pepper Steak in the crock pot. I bought a beef round roast and sliced off a couple of thick slices, browned those in a oiled pan, put into crock and covered with Italien diced tomatoes, some tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and almost a whole bag of frozen pepper/onion stir fry veggies. I'll whip up some garlic mashed taters when I get home and that will be it :) Hope it's good!

Beef bar-b-q on toasted rolls and cole slow....pineapple upside down cake is in the oven...

Beth, your food sounds so good. I love the aroma of sweet potatoes baking. I think my mother could eat one every day of her life.

I'm thinking about pork chops for tonight, so I may bake some sweet potatoes too.

Last edited:
I was looking for a bedtime snack last night and noticed some cottage cheese. I started to reach for it when I realized I had all the makings for Hamburger Onion Pie, the first recipe I ever made from written directions. It was a family favorite for many years.

So, Hamburger Onion Pie for me. What's yours?

http://recipecurio.com/hamburger-onion-pie-1959-recipe-clipping/:chef:
I clicked on the link but it said Error and the recipe wasn't there. Could you possibly copy and paste the recipe in a pm? It sounds like something I would love to try.

:)Barbara

Hello everyone:chef:

Well the rain that we had since yesterday morning has finally stopped, but it pretty windy and raw feeling outside.

My youngest son, is in 7th grade and taking Spanish in school. His teacher yesterday taught them how to read and make arroz con pollo. So we decided that's what for dinner tonight. We'll keep the english/spanish dictionary close by ... just in case.

Enjoy the day ... everyone's dinners sound wonderful.

Hello everyone:chef:

Well the rain that we had since yesterday morning has finally stopped, but it pretty windy and raw feeling outside.

My youngest son, is in 7th grade and taking Spanish in school. His teacher yesterday taught them how to read and make arroz con pollo. So we decided that's what for dinner tonight. We'll keep the english/spanish dictionary close by ... just in case.

Enjoy the day ... everyone's dinners sound wonderful.
That's great! Make sure to take pictures of the process--possible extra credit! :cool:

:)Barbara

Looks like we ALL have it now. Try it. It's simple, easy and really, really tasty.

Looks like we ALL have it now. Try it. It's simple, easy and really, really tasty.

I also can't wait to try it Z !! I assume "flavor extender" is Accent?

I've been wandering around memory lane at that site since you posted it a few days ago......what a fun keeper that place is, and what a huge amount of work that blogger has done!! Such fun reads.

I'll be back later when I figure out tonight's dinner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom