11 January Sunday dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am having southwest/mexican taco salads made with the leftover turkey I roasted yesterday. I made a 14 lb bird and after 4 people got done eating, I still have at least half of this turkey left. So tonight, I'll cube up some turkey, saute it in taco seasoning and make a nice southwest salad. I'm not ruling out margaritas either.

Going to watch the Golden Globes later and festive drinks are in order for watching E! Live from the Red Carpet.

couple days ago, i made this with leftover turkey from thanksgiving. i had frozen it. one or two cups chopped turkey, one and a half jars of turkey gravey, a full package of steamed veg(carrots, two kinds of corn and aspargus. mix it all together in casserole dish. make mashed potatoes, i used instant with herbs. spread potatoes on the top and dot with butter. bake 20 min at 350 or until hot and potatoes are lightly browned. oh, and i added a little poultry seasoning to turkey and stuff. :chef:

The DH is taking me out to our favorite AMAZING italian restaraunt in town for my 24th BDAY!

I plan on filling myself up on "Orecchiette con rapine e luganega"- pasta with broccoli and pork sausage and the BEST tiramisu I have ever had! It's gonna be a great night ;)

not sure about dinner, have left over steak, maybe a stir fry and chinese noodles. or thaw out chicken thighs and bake with southwest salsa on top and a sprinkle of cheese. have asparagus and acorn squash that really should be cooked.

the best laid plans don't always happen. had a bowl of french onion soup, lots of provalone cheese in it, and toast. yummy and warmed my tummy. cookies later if i want, not really crazy about the butterscotch chips.

I'm doing something I've never tried before. I can't even remember where to give credit for the idea, either someone on this website, or recipegoldmine.com. And, of course, I've added my own little twist to it as well.

Basically, I thawed out 5 leg-and-thigh quarters. I pulled off the skin, and cut through the joint. I browned them in oil, then placed the parcooked chicken in a preheated crockpot. I added some diced onions, minced garlic, ground cumin, ground coriander seed, and dried oregano to the pan. This was sauteed for a few minutes, then I added a small can of chopped mild green chiles, and a large can of cream of mushroom soup (cream of chicken would be better, but I don't have any). I thinned it down with some milk (would have used chicken stock, but the little bit I have left is for the side dish). Once the mixture was hot and started to smooth out, I poured it over the chicken in the crockpot. I then crumbled some corn tortilla chips and sprinkled those over the mixture. It's currently cooking as I type.

I'm also planning on making my Mexican Rice as a side. Maybe some sopapillas for dessert :)

I took some lasagna out of the freezer for DH when he gets up... not enough for everyone so I'll make the kids some spaghetti.
I'll probably have a 'lil of both.
:)

Katie - I love those cinnamon rolls you made. I made some last Sunday for brunch guests. They are SO good. CJ - your dinner sounds wonderful! Ours is going to be pretty good, but yours might be even better...and Allen? That sounds inspired. Let us know how it turns out. We are having friends over to celebrate a bunch of January birthdays - 10 for dinner, so I made two lasagnas: one classic and one with crab, shrimp and scallops. Homemade Italian bread, green salad, chocolate almond mousse cake. If everything turns out yummy, I'll post some recipes and pix later. Hope everyone enjoys their day!

Tonight I am going to make the chicken parmesian and pasta that was on the menu for last night, garlic sticks, and a green salad with fresh mozzarella and black olives.

Hi Dave! What is your recipe for chicken parm? I used this Chicken Parmesan Italiano Recipe : Recipezaar recipe the last time I made it. It is soooo good!
yes.gif
I'd like to know your recipe. The photo below is the one I made. That recipe was just for the breaded chicken, I used my own sauce.
img_769356_1_c6c24bf21b352caa5a469bb3d9096aff.jpg

I forgot to add... I am making Mark a pork chop, rice pilaf and some kind of vegie. Me, I don't know.

homemade dough and 2 calzones
sausage and cheese. sausage was cooked in tomatoe sauce after onions, mushrooms and spices cooked on the stove. actually sausage was cooked first and than added back into the sauce.Also mozzerelaa cheese

The other one was ham, pepporini, and mozzerella cheese.

Karen, I wrote down the recipe I made. It's still cooking; probably about an hour more. It smells INTOXICATING!

Ok, results are in. Not bad. Probably could have finished it an hour earlier, as the chicken was just starting to fall off the bones. Recipe is posted in the Chicken Forum.

Tonight I am going to make the chicken parmesian and pasta that was on the menu for last night, garlic sticks, and a green salad with fresh mozzarella and black olives.

It turned out pretty good.

VanillaBean - I don't really have a written a recipe. What I do is: pound the chicken breasts so they are uniform thickness. Mix flour, salt and pepper in one dish, bread crumbs, grated parm cheese, garlic powder, basil and oregan in another dish and then wisk 3 eggs in another.

Flour the breasts, dip in egg, then in the bread crumbs and let sit in the fridge for 15 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 350. Heat some evoo in a SS skillet and fry the breasts a few minutes on both side to brown. Place the brests in a baking dish and finish in the oven. Top with some tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese and and broil to melt the cheese.

Attachments

• chickenparm2.jpg
    chickenparm2.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 174
  • chickenparm3.jpg
    chickenparm3.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 217
Thanks Dave! Your dinner looks awesome! What kind of bread is that on the side, unless I missed something? Your salad looks wonderful, especially with all that mozz. and black olives! :)

My sweetie pigged out while watching the San Diego/Pittsburgh game this afternoon. So, I gave him a a salad. I am making a bbq'd pork chop, stuffing and peas. Kind of a mish-mash, but I'll post pictures if it turns out.

Vanilla Bean your chicken parm looks awesome...you are making me hungry
sorry.gif
I didn't mean to make you hungry! :LOL: It was really good! I should have made that tonight, if I had known earlier what the dinner situation was going to be. Now, it's a throw-together dinner. :rolleyes:

we had to get a lot of stuff cleaned up and put away so the upstairs can be painted this week, so there was no time to cook.

we ended up getting italian.

scungilli salad, stuffed shells, chicken picatta, and shrimp marinara.

Thanks Dave! Your dinner looks awesome! What kind of bread is that on the side, unless I missed something? Your salad looks wonderful, especially with all that mozz. and black olives! :)

My sweetie pigged out while watching the San Diego/Pittsburgh game this afternoon. So, I gave him a a salad. I am making a bbq'd pork chop, stuffing and peas. Kind of a mish-mash, but I'll post pictures if it turns out.
img_769646_0_4575b1413a9dcc4467a8f0a0be91aff5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom