12/13/10 Monday, today's menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was too lazy to make salad with my hamburger steak, so I had rødkål (Danish red cabbage). The hubster made a big batch yesterday, so I just had to nuke it.

We had sausage pizza delivered. I rarely drink beer. But when I do it has to be ICE cold. I think we can get liquor delivered here also but I never have.

I ate the leftover fried chicken livers with a white sauce. I'm definitely making them this way next time, on purpose, and without the breading. Definitely a keeper.

i just ordered a garlic chicken pizza and buffalo wings. should be able to taste them both. i already have beer and i did get it delivered from the grocery store.

pizza came and two pieces gone. the wings were really good. have never ordered this kind of pizza before but certainly will do so in the future. very tasty with a white sauce and lots of garlic. :)

I love kale. How did you make it as a soup?

onion and garlic sauteed in olive oil. sliced chorizo or linguisa sauteed, add to pot, sliced carrot (not truly authentic but I like it!), chopped kale, water or broth (I use chicken broth) bay leaf, thyme, chili flakes, slices of potato at the end. serve with crusty bread.

proportions are up to you. I used 4 qts broth, 1 bunch kale, 3 potatoes, 2 carrots, 1 onion 4 cloves garlic, 12 oz chorizo, 1 bay leaf, 1 bunch thyme, 1/2 tsp chili flake, salt and pepper and paprika to taste.

enjoy

Do you crisp them in a frying pan, using a plate to flip them? Flour tortillas? Small or large?

I've done them that way when I had my 10" cast iron skillet, but it can be tricky. I have an 8" now which would be easier, I think. It can also be done toasting the bottom on the top of the stove, and toasting the top in the oven.

I like your ingredients. I used taco meat mix, cheddar and a little salsa. I'll have to try it your way.:chef:

Yep, crisped in a frying pan with a bit of veg oil. I use flour tortillas and this time I chose the small ones so they were easier to flip. I don't fold my quesadillas over, just spread refried beans on 1 tortilla, put in pan with oil, add chicken and cheese and top with another whole tortilla. Dh gives rave reviews every time :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom