12/13/10 Monday, today's menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
For me, today is clean out the fridge day. I've got a mug of split pea soup, enough chicken salad for half a sandwich and a dinner size plate of chicken livers and collard greens. If that's not enough, I can make a salami sandwich.

Sometime today I'll figure out what to make tomorrow so I can thaw what I need.

What's on your menu?

I am not sure yet. I feel crappy (I have a roaring headache since yesterday because I was cleaning mud off the floor in front of the door and gave the top of my head a good smash on the door knob when I stood up) and my girl had fever this morning. Hub just took her to the doctor. I will decide dinner later.

I am not sure yet. I feel crappy (I have a roaring headache since yesterday because I was cleaning mud off the floor in front of the door and gave the top of my head a good smash on the door knob when I stood up) and my girl had fever this morning. Hub just took her to the doctor. I will decide dinner later.

How's your vision? Balance? I'm worried about the continuing headache. If it keeps up, you head for the doctor, too!:(

I have no Idea, I'm just now finishing up some breakfast. Shrek fed the cats and let me sleep this morning. Soon we are off to Aging Services.

I'm making some seasoned lamb and beef pattys following an Armenian recipe. They are seasoned with onion, parsley, cayenne, cumin and allspice. I'll grill them outside as the weather is relatively mild.

All the snow they had in the mid-west was rain here. According to the weather guys, if it had been snow, we would have had 2.5 feet.

How's your vision? Balance? I'm worried about the continuing headache. If it keeps up, you head for the doctor, too!:(
My vision is ok, my balance is always off LOL. I think the bang brought on a migraine. My girl has an ear infection.

Sounds wonderful! How do you make your quesdaillas?

I cooked and shredded the chicken over the weekend so tonight I'm just going to put the chicken in a pan and add some salsa to it, get it hot and layer it with shredded cheese and refried beans in the tortillas. I'll crisp them after they're assembled so I get the crispy/chewy texture I like :chef: They are very filling! I usually mix up some taco sauce with sour cream and serve along side as a dip. Yum!

My DH is going out for board games. I will have a hamburger steak with tomato and cucumber salad. He hates cucumber and raw tomato. Maybe some sauteed 'shrooms. He's not very fond of those either. I haven't decided what to do with potato.

just had a bowl of cereal. had to make myself eat it. no taste what so ever. my cold continues in full force. just took some thera flu and am going back to bed. no concern about dinner, what ever, maybe breakfast. maybe i could taste some sausage.

just had a bowl of cereal. had to make myself eat it. no taste what so ever. my cold continues in full force. just took some thera flu and am going back to bed. no concern about dinner, what ever, maybe breakfast. maybe i could taste some sausage.
I hope you feel better babe.

Leftovers for me. Haven't decided what it will be though. Have chili, pizza, and chicken available. I'll see what I'm in the mood for when I open the fridge.

I cooked and shredded the chicken over the weekend so tonight I'm just going to put the chicken in a pan and add some salsa to it, get it hot and layer it with shredded cheese and refried beans in the tortillas. I'll crisp them after they're assembled so I get the crispy/chewy texture I like :chef: They are very filling! I usually mix up some taco sauce with sour cream and serve along side as a dip. Yum!

Do you crisp them in a frying pan, using a plate to flip them? Flour tortillas? Small or large?

I've done them that way when I had my 10" cast iron skillet, but it can be tricky. I have an 8" now which would be easier, I think. It can also be done toasting the bottom on the top of the stove, and toasting the top in the oven.

I like your ingredients. I used taco meat mix, cheddar and a little salsa. I'll have to try it your way.:chef:

At our restaurant we lay one tortilla on the grill and lay the cheese over the whole area. Then we put the other ingredients on one half and once the cheese starts to melt we fold it over. Then you can just flip it one more time with a spatula, and cut it in three or four when you are done.

We're having burgers and potato skins. The potatoes are roasted and ready to toss in the oven, the burgers are awaiting the frying pan. I'm hungry and can't wait for Ken to get home.

At our restaurant we lay one tortilla on the grill and lay the cheese over the whole area. Then we put the other ingredients on one half and once the cheese starts to melt we fold it over. Then you can just flip it one more time with a spatula, and cut it in three or four when you are done.

Excellent idea! Thanks.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom