12/20/10 Monday - What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'm getting over (I hope) a cold, so Ramen Noodle Soup with a sliced smoked sausage for lunch.

I'll have to check the freezer to see what sounds good for dinner.

What are you making today?

I'm going to grill a lamb burger that I had in the freezer and do something with some penne, portobellos, onions and goat cheese.

I had a terrible head cold all weekend and finally feel better ... now my youngest son seems to be coming down with it.

So chicken noodle soup will be on our menu tonight.

Enjoy the day.

Smoked ham shank (unglazed) oven roasted in my large cast iron pan, turnip greens with diced turnips pan fried in the ham drippings and mashed potatoes (butter & sour cream) with natural ham juices from the cutting tray.

img_949600_0_679b47ae895fa40db350827aec7d338e.jpg

Looks very tasty. Where'd you get the ham shanks?
They sure look glazed.
Thank you. Thats the juices from the cutting tray. I don't like sweet ham. My store had smoked ham shank on sale .99 lb. This one weighed 11 lb.

Today is my oldest grandson's birthday (22) so we're having chicken and dumplings (rolled), cornbread and crumb-top apple pie. Wish I had some of those mashed potatoes and greens of Msmuffets to go with, but I'm done.

Today is my oldest grandson's birthday (22) so we're having chicken and dumplings (rolled), cornbread and crumb-top apple pie. Wish I had some of those mashed potatoes and greens of Msmuffets to go with, but I'm done.
Thank you Constance. Have a great evening and happy birthday to the grandson!!

Back
Top Bottom