12/20/10 Monday - What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to stick with soup tonight. Either another round of Ramen and smoked sausage (it really hit the spot) or cream of chicken with stewed tomatoes blended in the blender and heated up.

BTW, did you know you don't really have to make the Ramen in stages like the directions say (boil water, add noodles, bring back to boil, boil 3 minutes, add packet, wait a minute).

Put it in the pot all together at once. I set my heat on medium, I set my timer for 10 minutes.

I got my stuffed lamb burger fix in. Along with the portobello pasta. I was going to serve the broccoli on the side, but I figured what the heck, why dirty another pot :)

Attachments

• lamb burger and portobello penne.jpg
    lamb burger and portobello penne.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 180
We had cottage pie (sheppard's pie, substituting ground beef for the lamb) and salad with garlic dressing of doom. I'm full, but it was sooo good that I keep going back for just a little bit more ;)

We had taco salad. We're going to eat light most of the week leading up to the "feast".

Got nuts and bolts in the oven right now so dinner had to be something on the stovetop!

well i have a cold as well and just had a beer. evidently i am not thinking clearly enough to see your point. tell the dense old lady, please.:rolleyes:

Yes, please do tell the dense old ladies. My only excuse is that I have had four glasses of wine. ;)

To me this is the time of year for easy, comfort food. If we aren't feeding a crowd, we're contributing to a dinner. Today was poached eggs on English muffins; I still have turkey broth from Thanksgiving, and I can put ll matter of stuff in it for simple suppers.

We had leftover ham, mashed potatoes and I pulled some sweet corn out of the freezer to go with it. I have soooooo much ham! I'm a bit scared lol

Suggestion: traditional Quebec ham stew. One large piece of ham, preferably with the bone, some potatoes, onions, carrots, other root veg, and some stock. Add some cabbage near the end of the cooking. The first day it makes a yummy soup, then you cook it some more and it thickens up to a stew.

BTW, it's not really called ham stew, but I don't remember the real name. It's usually only served in the small towns out in rural Quebec.

well i have a cold as well and just had a beer. evidently i am not thinking clearly enough to see your point. tell the dense old lady, please.:rolleyes:

I had the thread date wrong.:ohmy: So, his comment was that time had stopped in NOLA (New Orleans, LA), but I already knew I goofed because the Princess had sent me a PM and corrected the thread title.:chef:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom