12/21/10 Tuesday - What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll take a plate of ^that MsM !!

Snicker, that sounds like a good combo of flavors...let us know if it's as good as you remember.

Those meatballs sound FAB........will be watching for the recipe.

I'm doing good ole ground beef Taco's. I don't use those nasty crisp taco shells they sell in the box either. Want them done just like Mama did.

It was good! It was just like I remember :chef: I have just enough left to enjoy it again tomorrow for lunch. Success!

How did mama do them, Kayelle? I love nasty, crunchy taco shells from the box. Me and Old El Paso Super Stuffers are long time friends. Anything else is a wrap :LOL: Gotta have the crunch, but I'm game to try something new.

Ok pacanis, here's how Mama did the corn tortillas for taco's. Have all your taco fixin's ready to go. I buy the super size corn tortillas.
In your largest skillet, pour in about an inch of veg. oil, and get it hot on med heat. With tongs, lay a tortilla into the oil just to wet it, and quickly turn it over, wetting the other side. Quickly flop one side over the other forming the "taco" shape. Lightly fry on each side. I can get three of them into my largest skillet, with round edges facing outward. Don't cook them too much because the seam will crack if you do. Drain them on paper towels, and fill all three of them with all the fixin's, then begin on the next three. They must be eaten right away, so while hubby is eating, I cook mine. It takes some practice to do this, but it is SOOOOOOO worth it. I repeat, those hard boxed shells are nasty. :rolleyes: ;)
Let me know if you try it......you won't be sorry.

I'll take a plate of ^that MsM !!

Snicker, that sounds like a good combo of flavors...let us know if it's as good as you remember.

Those meatballs sound FAB........will be watching for the recipe.

I'm doing good ole ground beef Taco's. I don't use those nasty crisp taco shells they sell in the box either. Want them done just like Mama did.
Thank you Kayelle!!
I LOVE TACOS!!
How did mama do them, Kayelle? I love nasty, crunchy taco shells from the box. Me and Old El Paso Super Stuffers are long time friends. Anything else is a wrap :LOL: Gotta have the crunch, but I'm game to try something new.
I also use Old El Paso hard taco shells and I LOVE THEM!! If I have a taco I have to have that crunchy corny taco shell. I also LOVE Fritos!! LOL

Kayelle, great tutorial :chef: I know just what you were doing when I read this. As soon as I can find corn tortillas I'm going to make my own taco shells. Seems like I only run into the flour ones, which are obvioulsy lacking in taste.
Thank you.
And you betcha Peeps. Out of the boxed shells, Old El Paso gets my vote. They are lighter and crispier.

I made a small prime rib roast. First time. the recipe was spot on.

Attachments

• prime rib3.jpg
    prime rib3.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 162
  • prime rib4.jpg
    prime rib4.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 192
Good to see you again pacanis!

We were going to have chili, but ended up with Wendy's on the way home from the store, since it was almost 8:00. We will have chili tomorrow. :)

:)Barbara

Chicken scallopini, with lemon and garlic, over spaghettini.

YUMMY!! Recipe?

Kayelle, great tutorial :chef: I know just what you were doing when I read this. As soon as I can find corn tortillas I'm going to make my own taco shells. Seems like I only run into the flour ones, which are obvioulsy lacking in taste.
Thank you.
And you betcha Peeps. Out of the boxed shells, Old El Paso gets my vote. They are lighter and crispier.

I made a small prime rib roast. First time. the recipe was spot on.
OH LORD Fred!! YUMMY! I just checked to make sure the prime rib is on sale!! It's $4.99lb and I am going to check them out!! Did I say YUMMY?

YUMMY!! Recipe?

?

Pound out some slices of chicken breast meat. Salt lightly and dredge in flour and brown in olive oil. Turn pieces over and add garlic. I usually turn the heat down a bit to make sure the garlic doesn't burn here. Then, ad a few glugs of white wine, approx 1/3 cup and scrape all cooked on bit off of bottom. Let wine reduce down to half and add juice of half a lemon, a good dollop of butter, some Italian seasoning blend, fresh parsley and freshly cracked black pepper. Pour over the noodles, which are just in oil and garlic.

Pound out some slices of chicken breast meat. Salt lightly and dredge in flour and brown in olive oil. Turn pieces over and add garlic. I usually turn the heat down a bit to make sure the garlic doesn't burn here. Then, ad a few glugs of white wine, approx 1/3 cup and scrape all cooked on bit off of bottom. Let wine reduce down to half and add juice of half a lemon, a good dollop of butter, some Italian seasoning blend, fresh parsley and freshly cracked black pepper. Pour over the noodles, which are just in oil and garlic.
Thank you RL!

Back
Top Bottom