12/21/10 Tuesday - What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Today is the apartment complex Christmas Luncheon at 1PM. I sure hope they have turkey. I'm Jonesing for turkey.

The Thanksgiving Luncheon got cancelled.

I plan on taking most of the chocolate walnut fudge cut into 1" cubes. Very rich.

I'll need the casserole dish to make the layered fudge with the ingredients I'll buy on Thursday. That one will be a butterscotch/pecan filling sandwiched between layers of chocolate. I decided that when I make the peanut butter layered fudge, I won't use nuts in it, trying for the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup flavor.

My cold is still hanging on so I'll probably just get a plate of food and come back here so I don't infect anyone.

What are you cooking today?

I'm shooting for prime rib. I much prefer grilling ribeyes as a steak, but there's an internet recipe I've been wanting to try. I just hope my roast isn't too small and my oven can get to 500F.

I'm making something I haven't made in years, tarragon chicken skillet. It's the very first "gourmet" (gourmet for a 13 year old anyway) meal I made... in my early teens. Dh has never had it so it's been at least 8 years since I made it last. I was going through one of my old recipe clippings and came across the recipe and I wanted it NOW. I hope it's as good as I remember! It's basically chicken breast pieces seasoned with lemon pepper and cooked in a skillet, smothered in a citrus-tarragon cream sauce, served atop a bed of rice (brown, in our case).

Going for gnocchi today. Youngest daughter is going to help out. I'm thinking I'll do two sauces. One will be cream based with some garlic and cheese and the other is yet to be determined! Suggestions?

Going for gnocchi today. Youngest daughter is going to help out. I'm thinking I'll do two sauces. One will be cream based with some garlic and cheese and the other is yet to be determined! Suggestions?
No suggestion on the sauce but one recommendation is DON"T FRY THE GNOCCHI!!!:LOL:

My younger son is taking me to Busch Gardens Christmas Town tonight so we will eat there.

Italian Sausage with peppers onions steamed with Basmatic rice. Collard greens fresh from the garden . Got to have cornbread with the collards. No desert Dh is diabetic.
Josie :chef:

No suggestion on the sauce but one recommendation is DON"T FRY THE GNOCCHI!!!:LOL:

My younger son is taking me to Busch Gardens Christmas Town tonight so we will eat there.

No frying - CHECK! I don't usually fry them anyway. I usually boil til they float, drain, toss with butter and serve with sauce on the side.

We're cleaning out the fridge so it's leftover pot roast and vegetables from Sunday night.

How about a lemony caper sauce?

That sounds interesting...can you give me a rundown of what that would look like?

I can show you ;)
Here it is after I put the meatballs in to warm up again.

Koenigsberger Klopse.jpg

If you want I can PM you the recipe. I think I remember seeing a sticky that said no recipes here.

That looks AWESOME. Can you post it somewhere here or a link or whatever? PM is great too. That sounds like something we would all like. Thanks pacanis.

Thanks, Alix. I'll post the whole meatball/gravy recipe. It'll be under Ethnic foods.

Western egg scramble (smoked ham, red & green bell pepper & onions sautéed in butter scrambled eggs added), tomato dressed with EVOO, sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground course dry garlic and fresh basil and red pepper paste on the side.

img_950076_0_33f0773b0f8367d4feecf6d9fc064a51.jpg

I'll take a plate of ^that MsM !!

Snicker, that sounds like a good combo of flavors...let us know if it's as good as you remember.

Those meatballs sound FAB........will be watching for the recipe.

I'm doing good ole ground beef Taco's. I don't use those nasty crisp taco shells they sell in the box either. Want them done just like Mama did.

How did mama do them, Kayelle? I love nasty, crunchy taco shells from the box. Me and Old El Paso Super Stuffers are long time friends. Anything else is a wrap :LOL: Gotta have the crunch, but I'm game to try something new.

Busy day. Crappy weather and a real NEED for comfort-type food. We had country-fried steak, cream gravy, mashed potatoes and buttered Brussels sprouts, iced tea. No dessert as we were, in Glenn's words, "As full as a tick."

I finally baked a chicken breast and 4 half slices of bacon for a hot chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato, Swiss and mayo on honey wheat toast.

Plenty of chicken left for something tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom