12/29/10 Wednesday What's Cooking Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the way it looks now, dinner at 6. how bout a lemon cake instead?:chef:
Looks like I'm going to be late.. Don't know how to make a lemon cake.. Made tomorrow's dinner tonight. Plus tonight's dinner spaghetti, salad and french bread. I'm whooped.

Catch your fried chicken next time around. :chef:

I reheated some stew. My DH seems to have a nasty cold, so he has no appetite. I'll see if I can come up with a soup.

Kayelle, I think that orzo dish WOULD have been perfect. DANG IT! I got busy and didn't get back here til just now. I've filed it away for future reference. Thanks much.

Zhizara, I'm glad I don't make you too nuts! WHEW! :)

Dinner is done, leftovers are tidied up and the dishwasher is humming. All our tummies are very happy and our hearts are too. I don't think there is anything nicer than enjoying an evening of food and fellowship with good friends. I had a wonderful night.

i convinced dw to make chicken parm again. she thinks i'm nuts because i could eat it every other day.

in my defense, if she's going to make me eat chicken 3 times a week, one of those times had better be parm. there's only so many times i can eat plain broiled split breasts or grilled boneless breasts.

i convinced dw to make chicken parm again. she thinks i'm nuts because i could eat it every other day.

in my defense, if she's going to make me eat chicken 3 times a week, one of those times had better be parm. there's only so many times i can eat plain broiled split breasts or grilled boneless breasts.

Argh. Is this a new diet or something? I have lots of lovely low cal/low fat chicken breast recipes. No one should have to eat plain chicken breasts ever. Blech.

lol, yeah, she likes to cook things very simply. it's not a new diet per se, more of a perpetual one. :(

in that light, i'd love to hear your recipes, alix. :chef:

i have to admit that i doctor up the broiled split breasts with sauces like mae ploy sweet chili, sriracha or franks, or pomegranate/chipotle sauce. on plain breaded boneless breasts, i've gotten into some good mustards with it. my current favourite is maine maple champagne mustard.

This is what I meant. Everyone has a different idea about what will work best, or what is easiest to find etc. Wanna be mods? LOL! This is the kind of dilemma that causes lots of cranky PMs to fly!

How about whoever starts the thread can decide what format they would like to use? That way if you want it YOUR way, you just have to make darned sure you are online early enough to start it! ;)

Now, to amend my dinner list, I have decided that I don't feel like doing the asparagus with proscuitto. I think that might be just too much meat with the pork tenderloin. I'll just steam the asparagus and have a cheese sauce available for those who like that.

I may have to stretch the menu a bit too. It appears we will have at least one more, possibly two more bodies at the table. Its all good! The more the merrier IMO.

Thats a great idea and I was going to suggest it. BTW I would never send a cranky PM about something like this. I have far to many other issues!! LOL Serioully this isn't that big a deal to me. And your suggestion is wonderful.

I'll be making enchiladas for the very first time within the week. I saw a recipe on a Bobby F show I've been dying to try. So hard finding the ingredients around me, but I got another component today.
Good luck on the trial run PA!

BTW Barb's recipe is fantastic also.

Everyones food sounds YUMMY!!

I didn't take pictures last night due to pain and laziness. LOL
We had lentil and rice soup. In my soup pot I saute'ed onion, garlic, celery and carrot in EVOO till soft. Then added dry lentils, Trader Joe's brown rice medley (long grain brown rice, black barley, daikon radish seeds) and beef broth. Simmered for about 45 minutes
and it was yummy!! I plan on freezing the leftover soup and using in the future to make a lentil, pasta and tomato sauce dish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom