12/29/10 Wednesday What's Cooking Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The split pea/baby limas are done enough. I'll cool it a little and put in the fridge for tomorrow.

I made the fudge with butterscotch chips and pecans sandwiched between layers of semi sweet fudge.

I had added way too many pecans so the butterscotch part was crumbly so I put it in the oven for 30 minutes @ 350. Letting it cool for now.

oven fried chicken thighs, smidgen of green bean casserole, stuffing, mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes with brown sugar and so on them. am going to make more thighs than i can eat tonight. would like the leftovers for couple dinners or lunch.

I am FINALLY going to make the scalloped potatoes with ham that I have been wanting to make all week! I bought some fresh asparagus yesterday, so we will have that with it.

:)Barbara

oven fried chicken thighs, smidgen of green bean casserole, stuffing, mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes with brown sugar and so on them. am going to make more thighs than i can eat tonight. would like the leftovers for couple dinners or lunch.

I'm on my way. What time is dinner?

Pineapple upside down cake ok with you?

I got the enchiladas made and started toasting them without the sauce.

I like them "thunky" sounding, kind of like a fresh loaf of bread. I'll serve the warmed enchilada sauce on the side.

Last edited:
We're having guests for dinner.

Pork tenderloin - crusted in pepper, seared and then finished in the oven
Green bean casserole - I've been having a craving
Asparagus - blanched then done with proscuitto and cheese
Caesar salad = also had a craving for this
I haven't decided on whether I will do potatoes or wild rice as our starch. Dessert is also up for consideration. I might do a pie, or another ganache tart. I'll have to see what I feel like baking today.

And I must drive you two nuts! I often post that I'm not sure whats for dinner yet and that I'm looking for ideas. If I ever get the opportunity to start the thread I frequently start with the day of the week, or "Whats for Dinner". I figure we all look in the Today's Menu section to find the current dinner thread. Oops. Sorry you two, I didn't realize that it was bugging others. I think we all have our preferences about how to post this thread, mine is that I like the date written out, "Wednesday December 29". Guess we all have our quirks huh? :LOL:

Wow what a dinner, Alix. You've got your hands full.

It doesn't bother me at all to know that you don't know what's for dinner yet. I like hearing your {{{{voice}}}}.

I got the enchiladas made and started toasting them without the sauce.

I like them "thunky" sounding, kind of like a fresh loaf of bread. I'll serve the warmed enchilada sauce on the side.

I'll be making enchiladas for the very first time within the week. I saw a recipe on a Bobby F show I've been dying to try. So hard finding the ingredients around me, but I got another component today.

I made dinner tonight since Frank drove us home from my sister's place in Illinois last night. Seared NY Strip steaks with a red wine mushroom and shallot sauce, potatoes mashed with buttermilk and dill, and roasted cauliflower drizzled with olive oil and Parmesan cheese.

It was tasty albeit a bit monochromatic, but Frank does not like my original choice of broccoli. I also should have used a bolder red wine for the sauce.

Hope everyone had a great holiday! We definitely enjoyed visiting family. :)

~Kathleen

I made dinner tonight since Frank drove us home from my sister's place in Illinois last night. Seared NY Strip steaks with a red wine mushroom and shallot sauce, potatoes mashed with buttermilk and dill, and roasted cauliflower drizzled with olive oil and Parmesan cheese.

It was tasty albeit a bit monochromatic, but Frank does not like my original choice of broccoli. I also should have used a bolder red wine for the sauce.

Hope everyone had a great holiday! We definitely enjoyed visiting family. :)

~Kathleen

Welcome home, Kathleen and Frank. We missed you! Your dinner sounds wonderful.

I didn't feel like cooking tonight so we each made what we wanted. Steve heated up the leftover tamale's, and I had a package of Top Ramen with leftover chicken and broccoli.

Welcome home, Kathleen and Frank. We missed you! Your dinner sounds wonderful.

I didn't feel like cooking tonight so we each made what we wanted. Steve heated up the leftover tamale's, and I had a package of Top Ramen with leftover chicken and broccoli.

Thanks, Kayelle! It was a good trip, but it is good to be home. I missed you all too!

I'd have wrestled someone for leftover tamales! I've not had them in years.

Back
Top Bottom