12/3/10 Friday - what's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'll make my Hamburger Onion Pie again today. I found the Accent the other day and look forward to the recipe as written. Accent is MSG, but I've never had a problem with it, that I know of.

I also found some chicken livers and will start another thread for ideas to cook them.

What are you cooking today?

I wrote the above subject in all caps, but it shows as lower case. Why?

I'm also making chicken salad today with some chicken breast I got on sale (99 cents/#). I love chicken salad sandwiches.

I like mine with minced celery from the tender middle stalks, and a couple of grated hard boiled eggs. I also found some dried green onions that I think would be a good addition too.

I have some minestrone soup to take, not sure what I will have when I get home tonight...probably a sandwich or something.

Hello everyone,

I'm stopping in to say hello ... no dinner plans as of yet, but I'm not cooking, so it's either pizza or chinese take-out. I'm rooting for chinese ... I haven't had it in a long time, but we'll see what everyone wants tonight.

Enjoy the day:chef:

I have some respite care coming in for Dad tonight and I get to go out for dinner with a couple of friends to celebrate my best friend's birthday. We will be meeting at our favourite sushi restaurant and then going to another friend's place for dessert (yes, I am making it), chat and probably a board game or two!

We do this every year, but since I don't get out much with Dad and my own health issues, I am really looking forward to this one!

Probably having chili tonight. My DH made it last night. He used black beans (which I don't detest) and not too many of them. It's still a bit soupy, but tastes pretty good.

I started the day with lots of energy so I made the Hamburger Onion Pie and had a piece for breakfast. I made the chicken salad and had some on a rye bread heel, will probably make a whole sandwich later with a couple of bacon slices and some Swiss cheese.

Dinner will either be more HOP, or chicken livers if I fall in love with a recipe on the other thread.

I have to eat Chuck E. Cheese pizza tonight since it's my daughter's birthday party.
I'll pray for you. :LOL:

It is "Date Night" tonight (which is probably not what you think!), so we won't be eating at home. We usually spend Friday evenings at our friends' house--dinner and movies. James said to let Susan know that if spaghetti happened to appear tonight he wouldn't complain. :LOL: So it looks like spaghetti and Christmas movies tonight.

:)Barbara

i just had a piece of prov. cheese wrapped in a piece of thin sliced roast beef. guess that is dinner. had a big lunch so wasn't hungry til now. oh and a fudge ice bar,by skinny cow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom