12/30/18 Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
I am already preparing tomorrow's meal. I peeled the potatoes, carrots, onions and celery. The barley is soaking. The meat thawed for a beef, barley stew and around ten a.m. I will start to put it altogether. My favorite stew. Our temperatures lately have been all over the place. So I am ignoring that part and using my noggin. I tell myself it is winter time and that means stew time. To heck with what the temperature outside is.

Oh BTW, it is still Saturday, 12/30/18 at 10:30. p.m. I am just planning ahead for tomorrow's meal. I can hardly wait.

If this stew doesn't put a couple of pounds on me, then I will give up trying.

So what will be on your plate. Still eating leftovers? Or did you make a completely new dish using up the leftovers.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are way ahead of time if this is your NYE dinner.
informenter-marker-1.png

I got up very early this morning and made this to take to work to share.
Tri tip with shiitake gravy and some rice. My dinner will be leftovers from work.

There's a whole tri tip in that pot, btw.
IMG_0631.jpg

Last edited:
Addie, I don't recall the last time I read so much excitement and enthusiasm when preparing tomorrow's dinner. You go girl!

We were gifted tickets to Les Misérables this evening. I didn't hear the word dinner before or after the play, so I think I will stop off for a whopper junior on the way to meet up. Yes, there are better choices, this one is convenience only.

Addie, I don't recall the last time I read so much excitement and enthusiasm when preparing tomorrow's dinner. You go girl!

We were gifted tickets to Les Misérables this evening. I didn't hear the word dinner before or after the play, so I think I will stop off for a whopper junior on the way to meet up. Yes, there are better choices, this one is convenience only.

Having lost a leg, I have to relearn how to do a lot of things I never gave a second thought to. Standing to stir a bowl of ingredients is a big step for me. So learning to wash the floor while sitting in my wheelchair, was quite a challenge. But I conquered it. I lost my leg in July. And if I had to live alone now, I think I have learned safe practices and could handle it. But I am still terrified of the oven. Can I get the food out quickly and safely without falling or hurting myself. ALWAYS MY FIRST THOUGHT.

I have spent more time in the hospital this past year, than in my own home.

I had the pleasure of seeing Les Miserables. You are going to love it. I also have the CD of it and when I play it while I at the computer, I sing right along with it. My favorite song is "Bring Him Home.

With all the talk of meatloaf I'll be heading into the kitchen to make one soon. We'll have it for dinner tonight and since we'll be babysitting Cheyenne tomorrow I'll take the makings for sandwiches for our lunch together. Sadly, she's a picky eater so we'll see if she likes Nana K's meatloaf. It doesn't seem possible she's already 5 yrs old.

Last edited:
With all the talk of meatloaf I'll be heading into the kitchen to make one soon. We'll have it for dinner tonight and since we'll be babysitting Cheyenne tomorrow I'll take the makings for sandwiches for our lunch together. Sadly, she's a picky eater so we'll see if she likes Nana K's meatloaf. It doesn't seem possible she's already 5 yrs old.

Every time I see her name I still see her as a newborn infant. Serve her corn bread and she will try it even for just the color alone. Little folks like colorful foods. She is bound to like anything you make for her.

Dinner at the kids house..
Pork roast with a cranberry sauce, steamed veggies, pilaf and a green salad..

Came home with fresh baked chocolate chip cookies which will be dessert with a cup of hot cocoa..

Ross

My mummy-in-law sent us home with a whole bunch of turkey and some of the gravy. Tonight we used some of it for hot turkey sandwiches. The gravy was better at Yule. I'm wondering what she did to get it so dark brown. I made a salad to go with. This was a joint effort that involved a fair amount of wine. Well worth doing it that way. I sat while I did most of the work and that saved me an enormous amount of spoons. And, it was delicious.

I think Addie has been in her DeLorean (the Back To The Future mobile), as it still isn't 10:30 PM 12/30/18 here. It will be soon, though.

Instant Pot Carnitas tonight.

The original subject line for this was 12/31/18 & it was stated it was 2230 Saturday, 12/30/31. I'm new here & I was "corrected" when I commented. :)

Our dinner tonight (12/30) is frozen fish & chips and mixed veggies.

informenter-marker-1.png

Mmm, pour me a cup of that gravy, will ya, Rock? I could drink just that.

I'm having leftover buffalo wings, bbq wings, and mozzarella sticks for dinner courtesy of the Sports dept..

My wife made chicken Jalfrezi with white rice tonight. I wish I had gotten up early enough to bring some to work. These wings and mozz suck.

Back
Top Bottom