15 Foods You Shouldn’t Live Without

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How funny! I love it. My husband doesn't like strawberries, and plums aren't available here year round. But I keep a full pantry (I've actually been teased about being a secret Mormon -- no, I am not making fun of it, I lived in Utah for a part of my life. But I do store food. People watch me in the grocery store (we live in a small town) and comment on the amount of food I buy. I just cannot imagine having a house with no food in it. Yes, we could probably live for a year or two on the food I buy. Which is another column.

Nice list GB. I love it. As for the diabetic line, did you see that PCRM (physicians committee for responsible medicine) has a book out on how to temper and actually reverse diabetes with food? I had read a similar plan years ago in another book full of case studies.

Just more neat food stuff. Gotta love food.:-p
thanks!

Thanks GB for the list. I try to pay attention to generalizations like this. This week I finely chopped a large sweet potato and put it in a bean soup, it was quite good. Let's see, only 56 more sweet potatoes to go. Actually I started raising sweet patotoes/yam a few years ago because they showed up on a similar list, the top ten most nutritious vegetables list. DH had insisted for years that he did not like them and it took a bit to get him to eat them. Turns out it was the marshmallow flashbacks he disliked, not the potatoes.

Back
Top Bottom