1st November 2011 - What are you cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm baking the sausage in the oven with sliced potato and onion. On the side, broccoli. I'll post a picture after it's done.
The friggen camera crapped out on me. It just quit, even with new batteries. Well, it took it's share of pictures. Dinner was good, anyway. I ordered a new camera.

The friggen camera crapped out on me. It just quit, even with new batteries. Well, it took it's share of pictures. Dinner was good, anyway. I ordered a new camera.

:LOL: I hate when that happens.
My batteries went dead on mine Saturday when I was cooking that prime rib. I got one pic of it on the cutting board and kaput :LOL: They need a battery level indicator on that thing.

:LOL: I hate when that happens.
My batteries went dead on mine Saturday when I was cooking that prime rib. I got one pic of it on the cutting board and kaput :LOL: They need a battery level indicator on that thing.
Well, mine is dead. I put new batteries in it.......and the result, nothing. The new camera should be arriving tomorrow.

VB and pacanis, use your phone's camera and email yourself the pic. I haven't yet figured out how to "share" on DC, but I'll get there eventually. My family won't let me have a camera because I've killed so many of them!

VB and pacanis, use your phone's camera and email yourself the pic. I haven't yet figured out how to "share" on DC, but I'll get there eventually. My family won't let me have a camera because I've killed so many of them!

Ack! That completely skipped my mind the other night. And my new cell phone takes pretty good pics, too. The camera batteries are all charged again now though.

I played around with Mark's camera late last night when I couldn't sleep. I'll try using that tonight after dinner is done. I don't know where the cable is for my phone to put the pictures on the computer. I'm thinking that it got mixed up in stuff and tossed out by mistake. Last night I went to the Target website and got a good deal on a Fuji camera. That is what I had the last time, and that is what Mark has. His is a lot fancier, though.

Last edited:
I played around with Mark's camera late last night when I couldn't sleep. I'll try using that tonight after dinner is done. I don't know where the cable is for my phone to put the pictures on the computer. I'm thinking that it got mixed up in stuff and tossed out by mistake. Last night I went to the Target website and got a good deal on a Fuji camera. That is what I had the last time, and that is what Mark has. His is a lot fancier, though.

VB, what kind of phone do you have? Can you email from it? Just email your pic to your own addy and then you can save it to the comp.

VB, what kind of phone do you have? Can you email from it? Just email your pic to your own addy and then you can save it to the comp.
Not with the cell plan I have. I can't go on the internet. Mark goes on the net all the time with his phone. Mainly, I have a cell phone in case my car breaks down or something. It's a Samsung. I just have never really had a need to have access to the web via the phone.

Last edited:
Not with the cell plan I have. I can't go on the internet. Mark goes on the net all the time with his phone. Mainly, I have a cell phone in case my car breaks down or something. It's a Samsung. I just have never really had a need to have access to the web via the phone.

I don't have the web access plan and I can email pictures. Give it a try, you might be able to. It's worth a shot.

I don't have the web access plan and I can email pictures. Give it a try, you might be able to. It's worth a shot.

Yes, there used to be a way to text picture messages using an email address with your phone number in it... I think that was for getting pics from your computer to your phone though, without using a cable. Either way, I know you can transfer picture messages without your phone having a data plan.

I used to email myself pix from my old flip phone. No data plan. It went via text or something. I don't know. I DO know that it works well for me.

I'm going to try using Mark's camera tonight. I got an email from Target saying that there has been a delay with the delivery date. They say it's going to be Friday now. I really hate ordering anything online, there is always some kind of a problem (at least 85% of the time).

I tried to buy pet dishes and placemat for my cat, and they sent me dishes/placemats for a dog. :rolleyes: There have been similar experiences with gifts I have bought for my family during the holidays and for birthdays.

I'm going to try using Mark's camera tonight. I got an email from Target saying that there has been a delay with the delivery date. They say it's going to be Friday now. I really hate ordering anything online, there is always some kind of a problem (at least 85% of the time).

I tried to buy pet dishes and placemat for my cat, and they sent me dishes/placemats for a dog. :rolleyes: There have been similar experiences with gifts I have bought for my family during the holidays and for birthdays.

Can't they induce shipment?

;)

BTW, here was my decadent seafood alfredo from last night. Decadent because I ate so much... not that I had a hard time :angel:
I had intended to save some for lunch like I usually do, but I reached that point where even though there was a lot on my plate, there just wasn't enought left in the pot to save, so it went on the plate, too :)

Attachments

• seafood alfredo.jpg
    seafood alfredo.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 157
It looks good. It looks like a nice big plate too. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. It's actually called a platter, but it's perfect for me. I don't like going back for seconds ;^)
I call it a plate because it sounds better, lol.

Night out with the girls :) I had crab cakes, sweet potato fries, and steamed broccoli.

BTW, here was my decadent seafood alfredo from last night. Decadent because I ate so much... not that I had a hard time :angel:
I had intended to save some for lunch like I usually do, but I reached that point where even though there was a lot on my plate, there just wasn't enought left in the pot to save, so it went on the plate, too :)
That looks very good, and also a great pic!

Back
Top Bottom