1st November 2011 - What are you cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kezlehan

Senior Cook
Well, it's nearly Christmas! It's the 1st of November 2011, what are you cooking today?

I'm going to be making a batch of my tomato sauce, since I never got round to doing it yesterday, as I got carried away writing out recipes for about 2 hours.
I am then going to serve some of it tonight with some turkey mince and a simple salad.

Changed my mind and going to have the sauce with some fresh broccoli, cauliflower and mushrooms, then serving with a simple salad.

Boy was last night chilly but we still managed to go Trick or Treating for about an hour. Noticed all the poor kids, were running to each and every house to stay warm :) Needless to say we came back home with about 2 pumpkin baskets full of candy... That's not including all the candy that we received at the local Expo a couple of weeks ago.... What's your favorite Halloween Candy?

Anyways tonight's supper will be Chicken Sandwiches on Texas Toast. With home-made fries with Chili and Cheese on them. :w00t2: What are you having for Dinner tonight?

Last edited:
I got a chunk of chuck out of the freezer. Thinking of grinding it and making mini meatloaves for dinner. Baked potato topped with some 3 yo Tillamook cheddar and roasted cauliflower too.

Got a request for beef ribs tonight. I was hoping to stay home today, but I guess I can make one trip out.

The chill is in the air in my neck of the woods, so I'm making my first lamb stew of the season.

I have to use up some boneless chuck. I'm making an okra stew with string beans and tomato and some rice to serve it over.

I made my take of Kezlehan's Spicy Turkey Stew (you can read how I changed it up--but I forgot to write that I used crushed cumin seeds and coriander seeds, I also splished some fresh lemon juice and a bit of grated zest on top when served). VERY tasty--worth saving for "post-Thanksgiving" turkey (I used a mix of dark and light meat). Sorry, no pics. I keep forgetting to recharge the batteries.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f57/spicy-turkey-stew-75678.html

Last edited:
soup. chicken fingers dipped in crushed potato chips Cades fav, pasta with homemade gravy, Brussels sprouts in butter, sliced tomatoes and avocados homemade bisquites, Ice cream for dessert.
kades

DH liked the slow cooker roast I made last week so much, he brought home another little roast and requested same. So it's CP roast revisited. I detect a rut here. Or maybe it's Groundhog Day...

Last edited:
Ribs are on with some hickory chips...I'll see how it goes. Trying out a foil package of chips in the BBQ today.

Back
Top Bottom