2017 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made small batch (4rolls), no yeast, cinnamon rolls yesterday... Actually turned out pretty good and the cream cheese topping was very good..

Ross

I am making strawberry lime curd to fill the tarragon tarts I am making on Friday to take to The Lake I will add fill and add topping at The Lake.i changed the curd since strawberries are in season. I am using the mini muffin pan go make them bite-sized. Might use dark chocolate instead of white.

Tarragon white chocolate tarts

Last edited:
I'm not much of a sweet eater, or a very good pie baker but it tasted fabulous!
Black raspberry pie :)

Attachments

• IMG_3689.jpg
    IMG_3689.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 146
Cherry Turnovers turned out good. Quick and easy shortcut recipe. Not as sweet as I thought they would be. This is the first time I have ever used puff pastry and it was pretty easy. I may use puff pastry to make my spinach pies into spinach pinwheels.

(Images hosted by Postimage)

Puff pastry, cherry pie filling, egg wash, Trader Joe's Cinnamon sugar grinder.

Did you use the premade puff pastry or did you make your own? I buy it all the time. Great for turnovers and other pastries. Sometimes when I want to impress, I will also use it for pies. I have also used the puff pastry cups for custard. My kids love it when I make lemon curd and put it in them.

I got ambitious once and tried to make my own. It is a lot of work. And it takes a lot of butter. It came out all right, but I like the bought ones instead.

Lovely mdmofet.

I have made cinnamon rolls and vanilla rolls and also hamburger rolls... I think I am on a roll..

Cherry Turnovers turned out good. Quick and easy shortcut recipe. Not as sweet as I thought they would be. This is the first time I have ever used puff pastry and it was pretty easy. I may use puff pastry to make my spinach pies into spinach pinwheels.

(Images hosted by Postimage)

Puff pastry, cherry pie filling, egg wash, Trader Joe's Cinnamon sugar grinder.

I want some :w00t2::w00t::w00t2:

Pita bread for tonight's dinner. It's so much better made fresh and really not that hard to make. I never liked the store bought pita bread, but decided to make some one day and became a convert, even when I use whole wheat flour.

2017 has been the year of the Bundt for me. I got obsessed with all the the different pans available. Below is a pecan cinnamon bundt, a plain white cake that I used with strawberries and cream and the last one is just a stock photo of the anniversary pan this year. I made a chocolate cake with powdered sugar on top with it that came out stunning but didn't take a photo. This new pan is my favorite...it is just so pretty!

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 146
Last edited by a moderator:
2017 has been the year of the Bundt for me. I got obsessed with all the the different pans available. Below is a pecan cinnamon bundt, a plain white cake that I used with strawberries and cream and the last one is just a stock photo of the anniversary pan this year. I made a chocolate cake with powdered sugar on top with it that came out stunning but didn't take a photo. This new pan is my favorite...it is just so pretty!

Lovely!
and btw Rparrny, where did you get your Fostoria Cake Stand?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom