2017 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's Flour's Famous Banana Bread. It's a staple in the Smokey household.

bQBiAxE.jpg

bQBiAxE

bQBiAxE
Recipe please?

We had garlic mashed potatoes for dinner last night and there was well over half a head of roasted garlic that didn't go into the potatoes. Saved it because I had a purpose for it.

I added the garlic and a good amount of chopped fresh rosemary to some baguette dough and now have two nice, fat baguettes on their final rise.

Gonna have some real garlic bread with our meal tonight!

Sounds delicious, Katie!

I made banana-nut muffins yesterday, from a Cooks Illustrated recipe. It says it makes a dozen, but I got 18 and I filled the cups to the brim! 0203172135b_HDR.jpg

I love recipes that end up like that, GG. I'd rather get more than the recipe says - I can wrap-and-freeze extras or give away to my SIL. Beats saying it "makes 12" and then all you end up with is 10.

I baked the world's easiest triple chocolate cake earlier this week. We were :pig: and finished it off in four nights...:pig: Poor K-Girl has been trying to figure out how to work it for high altitude ever since Himself posted a photo on Facebook and I followed up with a photo of the clipped recipe. The cake isn't much to see (looks like puffy brownies in a sheet cake pan) so I'll post the recipe in case anyone wants to try it:

Attachments

• 2017-02-01 03.02.25.jpg
    2017-02-01 03.02.25.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 140
I found a recipe from Betty Crocker that I changed. So tomorrow I will be making a spinach and feta cheese quiche. Instead of using Bisquick I will be creating a crust with the pyhllo dough. I changed the recipe so much, I don't think even Betty would recognize it as hers now. And for dessert I think I will make a fruit bowl of citrus fruits. We very rarely eat dessert, but tomorrow is a special day. Almost a holy day for New Englanders.

Started a new fermented fruit friendship bread jar at the end of 2016 (old one I had been using for 23 years burned in the fire). So it is about time to make cakes and cupcakes with the fruit, drown the cake a bit with some juice, and pass some juice on. My husband hates these "chainmail letters you eat". He disliked how I dragged the juice around with me from different states and houses LOL. But alas, there will be another! He absolutely loves eating them, though!

Flour, I have a girlfriend in Tennessee. She put the ingredients for a Friendship Cake in a Mason jar. Tied the obligatory checkered piece of cloth with a pretty ribbon and recipe. She made up a whole bunch of them. She set out in her car and stopped at every neighbor's home on her block. She had just moved there. She knocked on a door, introduced herself and gave them the jar. This was around Christmas time. She made a lot of friends that day. She wanted all her neighbors to know that her son had a severe type of Type One diabetes. If they should see him out playing, and he has an episode, please call her.

She placed her son's health above any embarrassment and made a bunch of friends. And all because of a Friendship Cake. So keep on with what you are doing. It sounds like fun.

So far vi have made Pooping Unicorn cookies, it did work, it popped sprinkles all over the table .

I have also made stew filled rolls, I do this when I man baking bread and have some stew left, not enough for lunch box but too much to throw away. It turned out really yummy.

I finally got a (bad, sorry) picture of my homemade blackberry pie. I've been on a pie making frenzy (I can only bake so many months out of the year in Vegas). They've all tasted good but this is the closest one that's looked like an actual pie. :LOL:

ahXa0qI.jpg

So far vi have made Pooping Unicorn cookies, it did work, it popped sprinkles all over the table .

I have also made stew filled rolls, I do this when I man baking bread and have some stew left, not enough for lunch box but too much to throw away. It turned out really yummy.

Never heard of these. Sounds like something our grandchildren would appreciate. Anything with the word "poop" is a winner with the age group we have around here.

Recipe please.

I finally got a (bad, sorry) picture of my homemade blackberry pie. I've been on a pie making frenzy (I can only bake so many months out of the year in Vegas). They've all tasted good but this is the closest one that's looked like an actual pie. :LOL:

ahXa0qI.jpg

Not a bad picture at all, Smokeydoke...in fact, that looks delicious! :yum:

I made a pound cake that baked while I was prepping our dinner. We'll have fresh strawberries macerated with a tiny bit of triple sec and sugar to go over, and whipped cream on top.
Oh, Medtran, how you tempt me. I've just started "Slimming World" (wanders of sobbing)

Smokeydoke, I think your pie looks great. Besides that, what really counts is how it tastes.

Mad Cook, it was really tasty. Such a simple dessert but oh so good.

I looked at some recipes for Cake Poet's kladdkaka. Looks easy to make and VERY good. KatieH, if the "kaka" part is pronounced kah-kah, then that sounds like another word for poop (Cuban/Spanish) so you could tell your grandkids that (unless you don't want to encourage the potty language). :ROFLMAO:

The recipe I have is for a "matured" kladdkaka, it makes it more like truffles then a sticky mess. Oh and if you wonder kacka is poop in Swedish, kaka is cake. So if you spell it kladdkakka or kladdkacka it means sticky poop, which I seen on American sites for Swedish dessert. But if you spell it kladdkaka, it becomes sticky cake.

Back
Top Bottom