2017 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More pita with all unbleached white flour this time. Will report on taste in dinner thread.

Attachments

• 2017-08-06 18.12.06.jpg
    2017-08-06 18.12.06.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 108
At work, I have to bake 15 loaves of "specialty bread" twice a week. I've made every kind I can think of; banana, zucchini (with several variations, carrot, pumpkin, lemon poppy seed, blueberry & raspberry, white chocolate, pistachio, anyone have any suggestions?

At work, I have to bake 15 loaves of "specialty bread" twice a week. I've made every kind I can think of; banana, zucchini (with several variations, carrot, pumpkin, lemon poppy seed, blueberry & raspberry, white chocolate, pistachio, anyone have any suggestions?

- Candied ginger with cinnamon.
- Dried cherry with orange juice and zest.
- Oatmeal raisin with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Apple with salted caramel glaze.
- Dried fig with lemon juice and zest.

Awoke this morning to a cloudy, drizzly day. Somewhat cooler than we've been experiencing so I decided to make a couple loaves of plain white bread. Finished them much earlier than I'd anticipated, so I have 2 more on their first rise and will put them in to bake in about an hour.

I guess someone put a bag full of quarters in me and wound me up today, 'cause I have felt very ambitious. I have a feeling I'm going to run out of gas after lunch but, by then, all the bread will be done and I can play at being a slug the rest of the day.

I am stuck in the rut of Sticky chocolate cake, yep it is the season for it.

I am going to make 3 Victoria sandwich cake too, that is going to be interesting.

More pita with all unbleached white flour this time. Will report on taste in dinner thread.

A combination of the photo in this post and a daily newsletter from Seriouseats.com with a pita recipe has got me thinking I should make pita.

What recipe did you use?

Meat Pie. Traditionally an Easter Pie but I had a craving.

meat_pie_091017_1_P1100224.JPG

meat_pie_091017_2_P1100230.JPG

Couple of days ago my first attempt at Baguettes. Not bad but I think crust could have been a little better. Is titled 4 hour baguettes... and silly me finished up around 9pm that night, after 4 separate hours of rising!
read the recipe... read the recipe... read the recipe... and understand it!

Today I did a loaf in the Romertopf Clay Baker. Wow - very easy - tasty - crusty - soft interior... Get thee in the cupboard loaf! afore I finish you off tonight!

Actually the baguettes would have been fabulous had they the crust of the Clay cooker!

Attachments

• 20170914_202824.jpg
    20170914_202824.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 20170914_203935.jpg
    20170914_203935.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 20170919_173620.jpg
    20170919_173620.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 134
  • 20170919_174905.jpg
    20170919_174905.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 20170919_175145.jpg
    20170919_175145.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 101
Couple of days ago my first attempt at Baguettes. Not bad but I think crust could have been a little better. Is titled 4 hour baguettes... and silly me finished up around 9pm that night, after 4 separate hours of rising!
read the recipe... read the recipe... read the recipe... and understand it!

Today I did a loaf in the Romertopf Clay Baker. Wow - very easy - tasty - crusty - soft interior... Get thee in the cupboard loaf! afore I finish you off tonight!

Actually the baguettes would have been fabulous had they the crust of the Clay cooker!

Can you post a link to the method/recipe you used for the clay baker? Looks great and I'd love to make some in our Romertopf.

All from scratch Meyer Lemon Meringue Birthday Pie, it's DH's b-day and this is always his request rather than cake

Meyer Lemon Pie.jpg

Made the Meyer Lemon Curd two days ago;
made the Pâte Brisée (I like Martha Stewart's recipe) yesterday;
this morning I rolled out and blind baked the crust, left it to cool while I met with Mrs. Dear Friend for a short visit (she hasn't been well and DH insisted that I go, even though it's his birthday, aawwww)
Filled it with the curd and then made Swiss Meringue;
I spread half the recipe over the top to seal the filling and then piped out stars with a large open star tip, Wilton® 1M, all pretty like and
put it under the broiler to toast (now I want a propane torch!! that broiler stinks!)...
Dinner to follow :LOL:

ah man... Lucky DH...

Kinda made me laugh at myself.. Today I bought premade pie crusts with the intent to fill one with chocolate pudding.. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Glad Jeannie can't see that pie.. ;)

Ross

Last edited:
ah man... Lucky DH...

Kinda made me laugh at myself.. Today I bought premade pie crusts with the intent to fill one with chocolate pudding.. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Glad Jeannie can't see that pie.. ;)

Ross

Isn't that funny!
As I was making the pie dough (in the FP), I said to DH, ya'know it's not that hard to do.
I roll mine out between 2 pieces of plastic wrap to make it all easy-peasy, pop it back into the chill box to firm back up if it's too soft and then into the pie pan.

Back
Top Bottom