2018 New Year's Eve & New Year's day Menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry but I didn't get around to a picture of NYE dinner till it was half gone. It was too delicious....the ultimate surf n turf our way...

Imperial King crab in ramekins

Bacon wrapped petite filet mignons

Baked potato with garnishes

Spinach salad with mushrooms and onion

All was enjoyed with a bottle of lovely Chateau Ste Michelle Chardonnay from the Columbia Valley of Washington.

Happy New Year!!!!

Attachments

• PC310006[1].jpg
    PC310006[1].jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 105
DH made http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/mock-armadillo-danish-meatloaf-69011.html#post948216. I am really pleased that he likes it enough to make it. I love that meatloaf. I got the two bacony ends :yum:. We had it with brown basmati rice (instead of the usual potatoes, because they worsen the inflammation of my arthritis :() and rødkål (Danish red cabbage). I shredded the red cabbage using the mandolin and left the rest of the effort to DH. I just wasn't in the mood to follow a recipe and measure stuff. He wasn't in the mood to shred the cabbage, but was happy to do the small amount of measuring and cooking. Had Henkel with supper.

mock-armadillo-danish-meatloaf-69011.html

Attachments

• IMG_20181231_194807.jpg
    IMG_20181231_194807.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20181231_195357.jpg
    IMG_20181231_195357.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 104
I managed to make everything on my menu plus a small amount of green olive tapenade. Oh I decided to buy a loaf of Italian bread.

My new food processor did all the chopping which helped a lot.

No pictures. My DD cut the cheesecake before I got to snap one. It was perfect.

My wife and I and two friends went to Fogo De Chao in the ATL last night, thanks to a generous Christmas gift from our daughter. It was amazing. Protein overload. today for late lunch with some friends will be the southern standard of Collards with Hog jowl, black eyed peas and corn bread. YUM!

For NY Eve we had Swedish meatballs, gravy, mashed taters, cooked carrots, marinated cukes, cranberries and Christmas cookies.

Today Dx has a pot of turkey carcass soup simmering and I will make malto meal muffins at dinner time. We have chips and veggies and dip for football games. The temp outside is hovering around zero, so the soup will be good to have today.

Yummy looking and sounding New Years Eve (and day) eats!

Change of plans here...instead of the Mexican feast, we had a few platters of nibbles. I made one of my faves from the last of the leftover ham (except for what's been portioned out, vacuum sealed, and frozen). I make a ham spread by pulsing a couple of handfuls of ham in the blender, being careful to keep texture and not turning it into baby food consistency...added a little mayo and a touch of mustard, and some finely chopped pickles.

We had a bowl of the ham spread with pita bread and crackers, deviled eggs, assorted pickles and olives, artichoke hearts, and various cheeses. Pretty good stuff. :yum:

Happy New Year, everyone!

I'll echo your Happy New Year, Cheryl!

We had baked ham, parsley potatoes, steamed broccoli, and sauteed Brussels sprouts.
IMG_20190101_190701250.jpg

Looks so lovely on that green plate. [emoji849]

Last edited:
Lucky year southern dinner here tonight and boy was it good. Beano on the side. lol

Black eye peas with collard greens and ham, Mexican Cornbread my way.

Attachments

• P1010016[1].jpg
    P1010016[1].jpg
    78 KB · Views: 110
Oh, interesting. The white-ish stuff on them looks like wasabi.

I've never had plain roasted peas. I can picture in my mind's mouth that they'd be really good. Sweet yet nutty, in a pea way.

My parrots and I love wasabi peas.

And beer. Although they curse a lot more than I do after a few.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom