2019 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice and soft with an airy crumb. Taste wonderful. I will toast a slice later.

pecan_raisin_bread_sliced_051219_IMG_5822.JPG

How cute, Ross - his and hers banana breads. :heart:

I made a full sized banana nut bread last night, along with a loaf of oatmeal bread. I can't figure out what's up with the oatmeal bread this year. I'm using the same bread machine, same recipe, same everything (well, fresh yeast...) as previous years, yet the loaf turns out really dense. Not inedible dense, more like a one slice of bread is good enough dense. At least I can slice it really thin and it won't fall apart if I make sandwiches with it.

My daughter stopped by in time to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. One of her kids gave her husband (so he wouldn't feel left out) a chocolate cream pie and all he did was rave about it all day long. He remembers the ones I have made for him and he was upset because the pie he got Sunday, just wasn't big enough for him. He got really upset because everyone wanted a piece of HIS CAKE! Big baby! He has a sweet tooth like you never saw. Almost fangs!

I need to make another one just for him because...… You can fill in the blank for any reason and he will be happy. I make the filling from scratch using the Hershey's recipe. I do not use chocolate pudding. If I have enough times not having a medical appointment, it is on my schedule for this week. Here's hoping.

So this happened today. I baked a batch of the King Arthur chocolate chip cookies recipe that bethzaring had raved about a few years back. I made the huge size, each one needing 1/4 cup dough, making 20 cookies. By the time I finally got them mixed, I just wanted to get it all over with. :LOL: I am so not a cookie baker.

BTW, they are delicious.IMG_20190515_181249908_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
My first strawberry-rhubarb pie for my FIL's birthday. I should have told DH to get refrigerated pie crust instead of frozen. It fell apart when I tried to make it look all fancy [emoji38] Oh well, it was delicious anyway. 0515191928.jpg

Last edited:
That looks and sounds delicious, GG. I haven't had strawberry rhubarb pie since my grandma made them back in the day. LOVED them then, and am sure I'd love it now. :yum:

Last edited:
Nice breads, pepper. And GG, the pie looks just fine and fancy. Taste is important, though, so you nailed it.

In my quest to use up supplies, I did more baking yesterday. I made a pan of from-scratch cornbread that is now almost half-gone. I also tried a new bread machine recipe from a book I bought (but had not yet used) a long time ago: Betty Crocker's Best Bread Machine Cookbook. The loaf is a multigrain style and includes a cup of 7-grain multigrain cereal (I used Bob's Red Mill) in the recipe. Haven't tried it yet, but it sure smelled good when I baked it yesterday.

No baking today, so I won't have to listen to Himself laugh and, once again, say "I thought you said you didn't bake?". :glare: :LOL:

That looks and sounds delicious, GG. I haven't had strawberry rhubarb pie since my grandma made them back in the day. LOVED them then, and am sure I'd love it now. :yum:
Nice breads, pepper. And GG, the pie looks just fine and fancy. Taste is important, though, so you nailed it.

Thank you [emoji177] My MIL always made a strawberry-rhubarb pie for my FIL's birthday and he hadn't had one since she went into the nursing home in 2015 (you may remember she passed away last year). He loved it and that's the most important thing.

Thank you [emoji177] My MIL always made a strawberry-rhubarb pie for my FIL's birthday and he hadn't had one since she went into the nursing home in 2015 (you may remember she passed away last year). He loved it and that's the most important thing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again GG, you are one outstanding daughter in law. :wub:

Back
Top Bottom