2019 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great, looks yummy. How could you smooth the surface of the cake? I never get success in giving that much smoothness.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. The frosting is liquid. I combine chocolate, corn syrup and butter and heat it in the microwave briefly to melt it. Then mix like crazy until it's smooth and shiny. Then I let it sit for a while so it will thicken a bit and I pour it over the cake spreading it so it covers the whole cake.

Mixed berry cheesecake.....

39817-albums933-picture8025.jpg
[/IMG]

What wonderful baked goods you folks make!
I rarely bake because I'm just not good at it but occasionally I'm in the mood. This Peach/Almond Cobbler will be the dessert tonight, and I posted the recipe for anyone interested.

Attachments

• P7210020[1].jpg
    P7210020[1].jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 102
Blueberries were on sale this week $2/Pint. That means blueberry pie for Andy!

Attachments

• 31peag8iSfS2G9st7Zhyyg_thumb_627e.jpg
    31peag8iSfS2G9st7Zhyyg_thumb_627e.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 113
Nice looking, Gimme.

With the end of blueberry season closing in, I need to use 'em before I lose 'em in the stores. While I use a T&T muffin recipe from back in the '70's (?), I did a little tweaking today. I subbed out 1/2 cup of the 1 3/4 cups AP flour with cake flour to give it a more cake-like texture. Check. Also, whenever I make them the berries sag to the bottom even though I dust them with flour. Today I put about half a portion of plain batter in each muffin cup, then mixed in the dusted berries, and finished filling up the cups. Much better results, but I think I need to test this recipe with only 1/3 of plain batter in each cup. Still, these turned out nearly perfect.
IMG_20190807_221445354.jpg

Yummy Cooking Goddess. Looks like they came out great :)

I had a little trouble with my Magnolia style chocolate cupcakes from scratch. I am new to baking. I took quick look at ingredients and automatically assume dry goes with dry and wet with wet. After I poured sugar into flour I bothered to read directions and realized sugar goes with butter. Scraped about half back out but end result was the Cake piece was more dense and crumbly than spongy and cakey. Still my buttercream frosting came out great so worked out ok. Know for next time now. Read directions + ingredients before starting lol.

IMG_1475.jpgIMG_1476.jpgIMG_1477.jpgIMG_1479.jpgIMG_1480.jpgIMG_1481.jpg

I scaled down my full recipe for cheesecake by half. I made 4 mini cheesecakes. I used my Cuisinart 10 oz. (1 1/2 C.) Dutch oven servers. I buttered the sides and bottom then put a parchment circle in bottom and buttered the top of the paper. I added cinnamon to the crust and DD wanted cinnamon cheesecake so I added cinnamon to 1 of the cakes. This is a first timer. I hope I can get them out of the pans.

mini_cheesecake_081119_1_IMG_6092.jpg

If I can get them out and they look nice I'll post a picture. LOL

Last edited:
No matter how they look, msm, I bet they taste delicious.

I decided to play in the kitchen while listening to my baseball game. I made another 6-pack of muffins, raspberry this time. I also have a loaf of bread busy rising. You can see part of it in the background of the shot. I still want to mix a batch of pie crust to use this week, but I'm out of ballgame. Maybe I'll like the guy hosting the extra innings show...

IMG_20190811_173444619.jpg

I scaled down my full recipe for cheesecake by half. I made 4 mini cheesecakes. I used my Cuisinart 10 oz. (1 1/2 C.) Dutch oven servers. I buttered the sides and bottom then put a parchment circle in bottom and buttered the top of the paper. I added cinnamon to the crust and DD wanted cinnamon cheesecake so I added cinnamon to 1 of the cakes. This is a first timer. I hope I can get them out of the pans.

View attachment 36114

If I can get them out and they look nice I'll post a picture. LOL

Nice. Looking into burnt cheesecakes for my first one. Hope it comes out well also.
Let me know if yours comes out well or if u figured out something a first timer should look out for...

No matter how they look, msm, I bet they taste delicious.

I decided to play in the kitchen while listening to my baseball game. I made another 6-pack of muffins, raspberry this time. I also have a loaf of bread busy rising. You can see part of it in the background of the shot. I still want to mix a batch of pie crust to use this week, but I'm out of ballgame. Maybe I'll like the guy hosting the extra innings show...

View attachment 36115

Can I use frozen blueberries/raspberries?

Back
Top Bottom